[Chapter 4]

•·•

•·•

WHEN HIS MEETING WITH THE DRAGON QUEEN HAD COME TO AN END MAEGON WAS QUICK TO RETRIEVE BLACKFYRE FROM BARRISTAN'S HANDS. The man had given him a queer look and Maegon responded by glaring in his direction. But still, as he put Blackfyre back in its jeweled scabbard he sensed relief wash over him. To be telling the complete truth, he did not like how that black dragon had watched him with its eyes the color of fire itself and how it hissed as soon as he seemed to move a muscle. 

What did fascinate him on the other hand and bring him closer to a feeling that might be joy was the green dragon that had done very little beside watch him from the Queen's side. He found the bronze eyes of the dragon extremely calming to look into and he could barely tear his own violet ones away from such a sight. He might have seen a creature like that in his dreams, but no man could have been prepared to see a real living dragon. 

With Aidan close to his right side, he and his other men had moved fast back to camp to inform the rest of the new directions they would take. Many in his army had been born and lived their entire lives in Essos, they were simply joyful that soon would they partake in large and important battles. Those who had come from Westeros, who had been sent away in shame or even exiled watched Maegon in wonder as he gave them the news. They were going home. For generations the Blackfyres had plauged the Targaryen dynasty and challanged them through rebellion after rebellion but never truly succeeded in returning to their homeland. Now here he is, Maegon of the house Blackfyre, the last of his house and name, fighting for a Targaryen Queen to regain her throne. When word eventually will reach those across the Sea, Maegon suspected that the majority of them will be puzzled like never before. 

It felt like he had just returned to his camp and given out the news, already wanting to celebrate with his men, when a squad of Unsullied came marching towards him and Aidan. 

"What is it that the Dragon Queen wishes of me?" Maegon asked in the ancient tongue of High Valyrian, chosing to be nice for once and use a tongue he knew the Unsullied spoke fluently. 

The Unsullied who walked infront of the group showed no surprise at Maegon who was willing to speak in a language known to both but instead gave him the message from Daenerys. 

"Queen Daenerys is hosting a war council to decide how best to conquer the Yellow City, you are required to attend" The man said with a gruff voice. 

Maegon had made a gesture for Aidan to follow him to the council yet he was promptly stopped by the Unsullied. "The Queen called for you, Maegon Blackfyre, and only you. No other may come".

Rolling his eyes in Aidan's direction Maegon followed the Unsullied as his friend was left in charge of his army. The squad of Unsullied surrounded him as they walked and Maegon noticed the amused faces of his own men, thinking the situation as ridiculous as he himself thought. Maegon did what he does most of the time, smirked with a twinkle in his pale violet eyes as he came upon the tent where the war council would be held. Inside he saw the Queen, now dressed in a blue dress with trousers of black bioled leather underneath. More simple to move around Maegon presumed. Besides the Queen, in the tent was the two knights from Westeros as well as her handmaiden standing at the back by the food and refreshments.