[Chapter 12]

•·•There are brief mentions of violence against women as well as rape close to the end of this chapter, please be careful when reading

•·•
There are brief mentions of violence against women as well as rape close to the end of this chapter, please be careful when reading.
•·•

MAEGON HAD WOKEN EARLY THAT MORNING. He tried his best to move Daenerys' sleeping body away from him without waking her but did not succeed.

"Are you leaving already?" She asked, her voice low since she was almost sleeping still.

Maegon smiled at her and slowly stroke a stray piece of hair behind her ear, "I will have a gift ready for you tonight, but I will have to go now to retrieve it."

Daenerys gave him a lazy smile, pulling the blanket further up her body and snuggling deeper into her pillows.

"Hurry, I want a repeat of our activities last night."

Maegon left her on the bed, quietly closing the door behind him with a smile.

He hurried to his room where he met Aidan and the two donned their armor in silence.

While making sure Blackfyre was tightly strapped to the belt around his waist a screech from his window frightened both him and Aidan.

The dragon Rhaegal sat perched on the balcony ledge, his neck craning forth so he could get a better look at Maegon and his surroundings.

"Is that dragon going to follow you every where you go?" Aidan warily asked, watching how his friend took calm steps forwards and greeted the dragon.

They had grown tremendously, soon the size of a grown horse, Rhaegal and his brothers were growing fiercer each day that passed.

And while Maegon had noticed Rhaegal visits were fewer and further between and the dragon growing more easily angered, he would not give up on building the bond they shared.

If some free time opened up, he would grab a large sack of meat from the butchers and go to where in the city Rhaegal had made his lair.

His brother Viserion was often with him and at the smell of meat both dragons let Maegon approach and stay for a while, in thanks for him bringing them food.

"For what we will do, protection from a dragon might not be that bad."

"And he listens to you?"

Maegon shook his head, glancing over his shoulder at Aidan, "Not exactly, Rhaegal does what he feels at the moment, but Daenerys has told me a few commands they often listen to."

"Daenerys and not 'Our Queen'?," Aidan winked at him suggestively, "When does other names like darling, dearest and honey come into the picture?"

Maegon simply rolled his eyes with a fond smile at his friends jesting, knowing that stopping him from teasing Maegon, would be impossible.