Great. Just peachy. 1

Hi

I'm Pidge Gunderson

Formerly known as Katie Holt.

And I think I'm sick or dying,

Let's just start from the beginning,

It was a mostly chilly autumn morning, the second week of sophomore year, attending high school was not my top priority. Finding my family was, they went missing almost a year ago. My brother, Matt holt, and my father, Sam Holt. Along with their friend Takashi Shirogane. I got a small apartment with two other roommates, the first one I met went by Hunk.

He figured me out pretty easily,

He found out I was a girl when he saw me go in the girls bathroom like it was nothing. I made him swear not to tell anyone, but enough about him.

The real reason I think I'm sick is because of who walked in two weeks after I got settled in the apartment, He had perfectly tanned skin, well brushed hair, and sea blue eyes that I could stare into forever.

When Hunk saw him he was ecstatic. He yelled "LANCE!" The guy who I now knew as Lance got trapped in a bear hug. After we all heard a snap from Lance's back Hunk put him down immediately.

Lance scanned the dorm for a bit until our eyes locked, he bent down so we were eye level. Curse me and my small stature of 4'8". He started to examine me, I looked at Hunk silently asking him what to do, Hunk shrugged his shoulders. Which meant it was up to me to say something.

I held out my hand for Lance to shake "Um, H-hello, my name is Pidge Gunderson." He took my hand and shook it energetically "Lance McClain, but you can call me your future husband~" I dropped my jaw, Hunk looked over at me and Lance too. I asked "How did you know I was a girl?" Lance shrugged "I don't really know, you were just making it obvious, one, you offered to shake my hand, two you were totally checking me out, three, you stuttered when you introduce yourself to me and didn't say 'No homo bro' So I took a shot."

Hunk was snickering in the kitchen while Lance was setting up his things. I was praying to whoever was above 'Please, whoever is up there send a distraction so I can stop thinking about Lance.' And just like that, the doorbell rang. Lance ran to open it saying that it was probably his super special facial masks from Hawaii. Lance called out "Guys! C'mere now!"

Two people were standing at the door, one was a boy, around Lance's hight, he had hazel eyes, he had freckles all over his face, and a birthmark on his lip. along with hair that was slightly blond but would be classified as brown. He wore a T shirt that said 'If you're reading this you're stupid.' To which I scoffed at.

And a girl standing next to him, she had sea green eyes and dark brown wavy hair that went to the center of her back. She had a scar on her left cheek. She also wore a blue shirt that said 'I'll trade you for a slice of cake in a heartbeat.'

As soon as we got to the door the girl held out her hand "hey how ya doin'? I'm Pearl Drakos and this is my idiot of a roommate Grey. Now tell this retard that you can't grill the cheese and put it on toast." The one she called Grey argued back "well what are you supposed to do when it's time to flip the grilled cheese?! That's right, you turn it on the cheese side! Then the side that has the cheese on it can't be cooked!" They were chest to chest about to start a fist fight in the middle of the hallway.

Hunk split them up "Here, I'll show you guys how to make a grilled cheese sandwich."
After ten minutes, Pearl and Grey were sitting down at the table, amazed by Hunk's grilled cheese making skills.

They whispered to each other, I could sort of make out what they were saying. Grey nudged Pearl "I saw you, you were totally checking out the tall one who opened the door." She didn't say anything and Grey shrugged "I don't know what you see in him, Keith looks way better, maybe if he doesn't knock my lights out we can go out on a date." Pearl sighed "So what if I like Lance? Did you see how the small one looks at him, she's much better for him than I can ever be." Grey started " Well you just have to get to him first and-" Pearl cut him off "Forget it Grey. Can you just shut up?" She took a bite out of her grilled cheese sandwich. Grey left the table to talk to Hunk about grilled cheese.
What was I feeling? Jealousy?
That couldn't be possible. I have nothing to be jealous of, I'm not saying Pearl is a piece of trash, but it's not like I'm mad at her or anything.
I went to the room I shared with Hunk and laid down on the bottom bunk. I didn't need my mood to change again. I started to doze off, tuning out all my problems until I fell into the void of dreams.

And school hasn't even officially started yet, Just the clubs.
School starts tomorrow.
Great way to start the year.