Chapter Twelve

After the session ends and Lord Damien drains his prey, the humans get back up off the ground and everybody goes back to acting normally. Lord Damien comes over to me and pulls me into a hug. I laugh. My adrenaline feels like it's going crazy.

"How did my beloved Countess enjoy our hunt?" He asks, his red eyes searching mine. I put my hand on my heart, feeling how fast it's beating. My whole body feels energized.

"It was awesome," I laugh, trying to pull out of the hug but he tugs me in closer. All of the sudden I notice he's moving his mouth closer to my neck and I try harder to pull away. "Wait, are you going to bite me?" I panic. He chuckles.

"Yes, my love," he tells me. I nervously laugh, trying harder to wiggle out of his grasp. I feel his fake incisors brushing against my jugular and I recoil, pushing him away hard.

"Why won't you let me?" His eyebrows clench together. I must be frustrating him.

"Let you do what? The LARP session is over. Why are you still in character?" I find myself snapping back at him. He looks wounded. My glare softens. "I'm sorry. I had fun but I'm not into anything past that."

"Yeah, that's fine. You're not the first person to say that," he sighs, removing his cape and incisors. I feel a pang of sadness. It was a really fun date and I enjoyed hanging out with Lord Damien a lot. It's disappointing that he's brought more than one date out to a LARP session to have fun and has been repeatedly turned down afterward.

"Oh well. Thanks for coming. Glad you had a nice time," he tells me. Before I can say anything else he walks back to his vehicle. I run my fingers through my hair and sigh.