Chapter One.

Alana’s P.O.V

To be honest, I didn’t think I was awake. I guess, I didn’t want to be awake. You hear so much crap about zombie apocalypses, on T.V, on Tumblr, everywhere. You just never expect it to happen. It was just a boring Thursday afternoon. I was sitting in the library, on a free period; I was just keeping to myself. The library was my second home I guess. If you ever needed to find me, someone would definitely send you there. I was zoned out. I do this a lot, as it’s my way of escaping reality. But there’s always that one son of a bitch who has to come along and ruin the moment.  This time it was a librarian. The thing about teachers is they always ask you unnecessary questions that they know the answer to. Like ‘Alana, what are you doing out of class? Have you got a free period?’ when they are actually the teacher who issued you the free period. It’s irritating. This particular librarian came up to me and asked me if I had a summer reading list. Well, I did. But seriously, half of it was unpublished smut for some band I didn’t even like. So I just told her I didn’t really have time, as I was travelling. She gave me that disappointed look and walked away. Don’t you just love it when somebody ruins your moment, and then just walks away? Yeah, probably not. You probably don’t have the sweet nuisance of a best friend that is Imogen Sykes, who just happened to be approaching me with this devilish mutant look on her pale, distorted, lovable face. She was carrying a book. Well, it looks like a book. But. Imogen. Book. What. She must be coming over to me to hit me on the head with it. That’s the only plausible explanation as to why my best friend was carrying a BOOK. Oh. Now she’s throwing it at me. How kind. Wow I love her. These oh-so familiar actions were interrupted by a chain of events that just so happened to change, and nearly end, my life..