Chapter 4

Alana's P.O.V

Have you ever had one of those moments, where everything is just right? Like, perhaps when you're staring into the eyes of an extremely gorgeous,sassy stranger. It was one of those moments, where if it was one bit different, it would've been really awkward, but..It just wasn't. Until another one of those things came staggering over the hill behind us. I was about to learn that this boy was extremely fast, and I was about to learn the hard way. Luke grabbed my arm and jolted the other direction. Like, jolted. He ran and ran, nearly tearing my arm off in the process. At multiple times during this hot persuit he said things like 'Keep up why don't you' or 'Run girl run.' which boy do I have to admit were extremely ego-boosting. Not. I guess it was heat of the moment, you know, being chased by a zombie and all. But I have to say he is one rude little pickle. Back to me, I was now panting and flailing and being all clumsy, but he didn't seem to mind. Well, not until I tripped, nearly sending the poor pickle flying across the country and into his immediate death. Or.. y'know, a nearby stream. Did I mention the part where I actually did? Yes. I, Alana Jackson, got wet with a boy. PURPOSELY. My mother would be so proud. We had managed to lose the zombie, but I was coughing and spluttering like a fish out of water..but a fish...in water.....anyway, this boys hair game was still strong and I firmly establish from this point on that he is part unicorn. Now he's laughing at me. I pipe up, ''What're you laughing at blondie?'' Oh, snap. This is coming from a girl with bleach blonde hair and a PHD in being clueless, just remember that. ''Just you, blondie'' he replies with a faint smirk. ''Well, let me tell you know. While I may only weigh 120 pounds and measure exactly 6'2, I was karate champion in 2nd grade'' DO YOU HEAR ME RIGHT NOW. DO. YOU. HEAR. ME. ''Oh, I better watch myself then'' I hate this guy. But somehow... behind that cute-ass little face...I sense a story. Not a story that belongs on eHarmony or a porn site, but a story that would hook someone like me...and somehow, for some reason...I want to know more.