Love, Simon Pre-Screening

[Soonyoung's POV]

I was soooo excited that Chan had wanted to go see Love, Simon with me. I know, I know. It wasn't TECHNICALLY a date, but it felt like something close.

As soon as I had ended the FaceTime call with Chan, I hopped up to change into some better clothes. I was still going for the comfy aesthetic but THESE sweatpants didn't have holes and my jacket and shirt were fresh from the laundry I had done the day before.

I sprayed on my favorite cologne and fixed my hair as best as I could. After about 10 minutes or so, Chan entered the apartment that we shared and headed straight to the shower. He was in and out in about 10 minutes and also went for the comfy yet presentable aesthetic. Great minds think alike, I see!

We headed on down to the theater, which was only a five minute walk away. We got some snacks, which were hella expensive, and then made our way to our seats. The theater wasn't that packed since this was the 3rd pre-screening they'd had this week. When I realized that we had a whole row to ourselves, I felt my heart unintentionally start to beat faster.

"Are you okay, hyung?"

I snap back to reality and see Chan sitting down in his seat, waiting for me to sit next to him. He had a slightly worried look in his eyes but I just smiled and sat beside him.

"I'm fine. I was just mentally noting that I had to reorganize my desk when we get back," I say. I mean, it wasn't REALLY a lie. I did need to reorganize my desk bc it was a mess.

"Oh. Okay." He says and turns towards the screen.

Soon the movie begins and we watch it while sharing our snacks. There's some funny bits and some sad bits so I can't help but let out a few tears here and there. Halfway through the movie, I feel the armrest between Chan and I being moved and I look over to see what's happening.

I see Chan trying to move the arm rest out of the way. He succeeds and then scoots closer to me and rests his head on my shoulder then goes back to watching the movie. I feel my heart start to pound. He always does this when he's tired and soon he's lightly snoring.

He must've been exhausted from having classes all day and then practice. I quickly pulled out my phone to check the time. It was 10:36 pm and the movie was almost over so I decided to just let him stay sleep. I wrapped my arm around him and he cuddled up to me more.

I had lost all interest in the movie at that point. I looked down at him while he slept and smiled to myself. He was soooo cute. I just wanted to protect him forever. I reached over and stroked his hair as he dozed off. His cute little mouth was partially open and you could hear him faintly snoring. I was in a trance.

Later when the movie ended, I softly shook him awake and told him it was time to go.

"Ah, I'm sorry hyung," he yawned and stretched. "I guess I was more tired than I thought. I didn't mean to fall asleep."

"It's okay," I smiled and joined him in cleaning up our trash. "I totally understand."

We exit the theater and throw away our trash then head back to our apartment. Once we get there, Chan and I say goodnight before heading to our separate rooms.

"Okay, Soon," I say to myself after I plop down on my bed. "Let's think of a way to confess to Chan."