the best feeling in the world

"Bye guys," I say as Mingyu, Hao and Hansol leave the apartment. I close the door behind them and let out a sigh. I was exhausted.

It was around 10:45 PM and we had just finished recording the video for my channel. It was a disaster but it turned out really fun. I mean, Soonyoung can't cook to save his life but he managed to make the eggs pretty well.

I smile to myself and look over at Soonyoung. He was trying his hardest to scrub the burnt egg bits off the pan and he looked like he was stressed.

"WHY WON'T YOU COME OFF!!!" He yells and scrubs vigorously. "STUPID THING!"

He lets out a yell and then drops the pan in the sink. Water splashes all over his shirt and he freezes. I walk over to him, shaking my head.

"Hyung? Calm down," I whisper and wrap my arms around his waist then rest my chin on his shoulder. "It's just water."

I feel him tense up but then he relaxes. He turns around and faces me with a smile on his face. He grabs my cheeks and squished them.

"Ah Channie, I'm sorry," he laughs.

"Hey, stop squishing my cheeks," I laugh and playfully swat his hands away. "I'm not a baby. I'm 20 years old."

"Maybe," he sighs then suddenly tickles me, "but you're still MY baby."

I laugh and break away from him. I head towards the couch but he catches up to me and we both trip over each other and land on the the floor in a tangled mess, laughing.

He smiles at me and I smile back. He grabs my hand and gives it a small squeeze. We lay side by side and just stare up at the ceiling. It wasn't stars or a sunset but it was calming for some reason.

"Chan..."

"Hm?" I answer.

"This feels nice. Just laying here with you and holding your hand." He sighs. "I don't think I've ever felt happier than I am at this moment."

"I couldn't agree more," I say. "I can't believe you've had a crush on me for so long."

"Hey! It hasn't been THAT long."

"Oh really," I smile and turn on my side to face him. He does the same and we stare into each other's eyes. My heart starts to race.

"No," He whispers, not breaking eye contact. "I-I've always been fond of you but over the last year or so, I've REALLY fallen for you."

"Why me?" I whisper back. "I'm just an inexperienced freshman..."

"No. You're much more than that," he reaches up and caresses my cheek. "You're talented and hardworking and kind and just...you're just so amazing. I'm lucky to have you."

I don't know why but I feel my eyes swelling up and I hurriedly cover them with my hands. Why was I getting emotional over all of this?

"Chan? Are you okay?"

I move and sit up. I quickly wipe away the lone tear that had fallen and take a few deep breaths. Once I calm down completely, I turn around and see Soon sitting up as well. He had a concerned look in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Channie...did I say something wrong?"

"No. I...I'm just really happy," I answer.

He smiles and pulls me in for a hug. He strokes my hair and squeezes me tight. I wanted to stay like this with him forever.

"I've fallen for you too," I whisper. I hear him giggle and then feel him kiss my cheek. I start to blush and he starts laughing.

"Ahhhh OUR CHANNIE IS SO CUTE!"

I just smile and bury my head in his chest.

This, right here, was the best feeling in the world.