Natsuki x suicidal reader

Hope you like it lolzsloz
Warning talks of suicide and abuse

Today was one of those days where everything felt like a struggle. Even the most mundane tasks like showering felt like it was too much. You woke up late again and sat in bed contemplating if you should shower and eat or just throw your uniform on and go. You settled for the later. U brushed your teeth, tried to fix your hair, threw your uniform on and headed out the door. The walk to school seemed like it took forever, you snuck in through the back to avoid the office messing with you. After what felt like a eternity you made it to math class attempting to sneak to your seat during the teachers infamous lectures. It was unsuccessful like usual.

"(Y/n) this is the 5th time this month your late to class. I can't keep giving you a slap on the wrist about this. Next your late I have to give you a detention slip." Your teacher said as you went to your seat and pulled your books out.

"I understand sir. I was feeling bad today. It won't happen again." You responded in a low voice. He nodded and continued the lecture. You zoned out through the rest of class being suddenly snapped out of your thoughts by the bell. You walked to chemistry only to stop half way and decided you'd just skip till lunch. You sat in the bathroom for a while. Catching up on the manga natsuki gave you to read. You decided to try to sneak to the club room to hide out until lunch. Sitting on the toilet was really uncomfortable. You successfully get to the room seeing as the door was already open. You cautiously peeked in to see nobody there. You silently close the door and sit at your usual seat. Pulling the book back out.

(Time skip)

You sit in there for about an hour getting lost in the manga. It wasn't as bad as you had originally thought. You understood the appeal of these book, and the slice of life subject matter helped you escape your own thoughts. Your attention snapped away from the book. You heard what sounded like crying in the club room. You sat for a minute panicked trying to locate the sound. Then you realized the closet was closed. You gently walk over to it and stop in front of it. The sounds were definitely coming from here. You hated to intrude but you couldn't let them suffer alone. You cautiously put your hand on the handle and slowly open it. In front of you was natsuki with her head resting on her knees sobbing while her arms cradled her legs. It broke your heart to see her like this. You thought about closing the closet and giving her her privacy, but she was your friend. As much as she acted like she didn't like you, you knew she'd do the same for you. You softly took a seat next to her.

"N-natsuki?" You whispered. She jolted back. Staring at you in bewilderment. Tears stained her cheeks, her cheeks where red and eyes bloodshot.

"(Y/n)! The the hell are you doing here!" She snapped at you. You directed your attention to the floor.

"I-I was skipping class. And I was reading your manga." You held the book up as proof. "I heard you in here and wanted to help."

"Leave me alone! I don't need your pity! I don't need anyone! And... no one needs me.." She trails off. You look up at her in shock. Tears flood down her cheeks again unwillingly.

"Natsuki... you've got it wrong. I'm not here out of pity. I just wanted to be a good friend. I wanted to try and help. And I need my friend. I don't have many friends and out of all of them, I feel closest to you." You admitted turning your attention back to the floor. Silence filled the room.

"...what about sayori?" She said barely audible.

"Me and sayori used to be close. We drifted apart years ago. We've only just started trying to repair our friendship but in the short time I've been here... I feel like you get me I guess. You don't pry too hard. And even though sometimes we get off on the wrong foot, we get past that in less than an hour. You don't hold my actions against me anymore and... your the only person who knows me well enough to know when something's off about me." You still sat motionless waiting for natsuki's response. She didn't comment. A minute passed and you felt arms wrap around you. She let out a muffled 'thank you.' You turn your body to return the hug. Your shoulder started to get wet from tears. You sat for a couple minutes in comfortable silence before she pulled back. She had composed herself enough to look you in the eyes.