Part 3: Nighttime Bonding

You are sitting with Rachnera as she sits in her hammock of silk. You hear the doorbell go off and answer it to reveal Smith and Team MON.

Smith: Hey, Y/N. I have some good news. But there's a catch... You can now walk around without Kimihito. But... You have to have one of my Team MON members with you.

You give her a blank stare and sigh.

Y/N: Whatever... Who's taking me first?

Zombina: Me. We're gonna go watch a movie.

Y/N: Hm... That doesn't sound so bad.

The red haired zombie drags you off towards a theater but her arm pops off halfway there. You wave at her with it and smirk.

Y/N: Need a hand?

Zombina: ... I hate you...

Y/N: You know you love me.

She throws a punch but you block with her other arm.

Y/N: Let's put this back on.

The two of you stop at a sewing shop and you buy a sewing kit. You then see her arm back on. Meanwhile, Smith and the other MON members watch from the bushes, well... Tio has to try to hide behind a tree.

Doppel: Why are we watching them again?

Smith: Because of how dangerous Y/N can be.

Doppel: Huh?

Smith: Nightmares are essentially darkness given solid form. The most they can do during the day is cause people to vision their darkest fears. But they are much stronger than that. Super Strength, High Stamina, he can even reattach severed limbs. Nightmares are weakest during the day but at night, their abilities nearly quadruple.

Doppel: Woah. But... He's half human. Shouldn't he be a bit weaker then?

Smith: We aren't taking that risk. That's why he can only leave Kimihito with you four.

The four continue to observe you, and you see Cerea and Kimihito across the street.

Y/N: Why are they following me...

Zombina: You didn't know? That centaur's crushing on you big time, buddy.

Y/N: How the hell do you know?

Zombina: Smith has us routinely check in on the girls. It was while you and Kimihito were with the arachne.

Y/N: Of course. Well if you're wrong, you owe me 1600 yen.

Zombina: Right back at you.

The two of you enter the theater and Cerea watches.

Cerea: ...

Kimihito: Cerea, why don't you just talk to him?

Cerea: He is obviously not the kind of male you just approach with no warning.

Kimihito's Thoughts: He doesn't seem like someone to approach in general... Due to his attitude.

Later that night, you lay awake, Rachnera sleeps above you in her hammock. You go downstairs and look at your hand. The skin has turned almost as dark as coal.

Cerea: Can't sleep?

You turn to see the centaur.

Y/N: I'm half Nightmare. They stay up for a good portion of the night. Most are even solely nocturnal.

Cerea: I wish to learn more of Nightmares.

Y/N: Why?

Cerea: Because... I have been smitten by you, Y/N.

Your Thoughts: Dammit. Now I owe Zombina money...

Cerea notices your arm.

Cerea: Is that common?

You raise your arm and nod.

Y/N: Nighttime is when I am at my most monster-like. Usually just my arm and eye.

Cerea looks closer at your eyes and sees your once white eye is now dark purple. She also sees tears welling up.

Y/N: Could you love what I am...

Cerea: What happened to your toughness.

Y/N: All an act... I do it because I know people are afraid of me. They fear what I am... I do it so I don't scare off friends.

Cerea: By not having friends... Sounds lonely...

Y/N: Heh... Quite a softy, aren't I?

Cerea: No. I understand why you do that. You block yourself off from others so you don't get too close to them. That way you can't scare your close friends off.

She hugs you and you stare into her blue eyes.

Cerea: You can let down your walls. No one is scared of you here.

She gives you a small kiss on the cheek and you smile.

Y/N: Thanks. I really needed that. You really have a way with words, Cerea.

You decide to crash on the couch and Cerea smiles.

Cerea: Goodnight, my love.

With that, she goes to her room.

End of Part 3