one

Yukio Lee

***********

This couch is super comfy; At least that's what Dad says all the time.
Mom looks up from her phone and eyes my dad and the boys. Katsuro is on his laptop, doing grown-up stuff. Itsuki is watching whatever non-sense is on the television- so Mom says.
Tyler is playing some baseball game on his phone. He says it's the best game known to man...my butt. It simply sounds childish to me. I have not seen Ira since supper. He left upstairs, saying something about Hyness.

Hyness is a big social media app according to Daddy. He is a big time Author or Illustrator- I don't know the difference. He is always on his big fancy machine that puts letters onto a page.
I don't remember what it was called.

"Darling, where might Ira be?" My Mother questions my father, carrying a seemingly anxious state.
As if on cue, Ira comes running down the stairs, screaming and shouting ballistically.

"Dad! Katsuro! Itsuki! I got it! I got the part!" Ira has an unmistakeable gleam of triumph in his chocolate brown eyes. They always remind me of Puppies, just like Peppa's.
"Ira Lee, you have got to be kidding me." Mom and Dad jump out of their seats, falling into the same excited actions as my brothers.

"What is it, Irie?" I tug on Ira's champagne-cream sweater. I feel as if I look awfully confused, considering I am.
Ira takes both of my small, tender hands into his ginormous light skinned ones.
"Oh, Yuki, It's amazing! I'm going to LA for a big movie role! That being said, I was allowed to take three guests with me. I will be bringing Katsuro, Itsuki, and Trevor." Ira beams with joy as turns to Itsuki and Katsuro.
"I better go ring Trevor!" And just like that, Ira is up the stairs, hopping in step excitedly.

I notice the rest of my family jumping up and down, not believing the incredible news my eldest brother had just given.
I thought of Trevor, his golden blond hair hanging loosely on his fore-head. His striking green eyes glistening in the florescent light.
I haven't seen Trev in what seems like forever. Last time he came over, we played with my dollies and drank tea. I don't really like tea but Ira is in love with it. Trevor, Peppa, and Tea are his "true loves" apparently.

My chest suddenly feels as if it's condensing downwards. I begin to cough uncontrollably for about a whole three seconds.
"Go get her some water and take her with you." My mother gestures to Itsuki and to the kitchen behind us.

Itsuki nods and grabs my hand, taking elongated steps to the white tiled kitchen. He gestures me to sit down on the counter top, not before grabbing a small glass of water.
When I don't comply, and nearly spill the water over, he gives me a stern look, "Drink it, or I'll take Bear-Bear away,"
"No!" I gasp, not wanting my beloved teddy bear taken away from me...again.
"Yes, now drink it," I silently oblige and take small sips from the pink glass as he watches. When I finish it he takes it from me and sets it in the marble sink.

"Let's go get ready for bed now shall we, Love?" He pushes me gently up the stairs I cough once more, making my throat feel coarse. "Don't touch me, Sicko." He snickers, keeping only one hand on the small of my back.

I go into the Jack and Jill bathroom that he and I share and he follows me, grabbing the crusty toothpaste bottle from the grey cup sitting in the center of the tiled countertop. I do the same actions as he did, grabbing the large white tube and smack on the blue gel-like paste onto my burgundy toothbrush.

"Get some rest, and you will feel tons better tomorrow," Itsuki pats my head, not before leaving into his dark grey room. I limp into my room, not wanting to walk any longer. I throw my unnecessarily long hair into a bun and hop under my white sheets.
I want to think about how long Ira will be gone for the shoot and how long I will have to deal with Tyler and my parents, but I don't. I simply fall into, yet another deep slumber.

A/N

Helloooooo! It's super short but...

I can't wait to get this show on the road.

If you had trouble pronouncing some of the names, here you go:

Itsuki = It-soo-key

Katsuro= Cat-Soo-dough

Yukio = Yook-key-Oh

:)