five sweet things

1.

sherlock heard the shower turn on and he instantly got up from his chair, bounding to the bedroom. he grabbed the clothes john laid out on the bed then went downstairs with them, going straight to the laundry. he made sure there were no other clothes in the dryer before putting john's in. he put the dryer on a low, warm tumble for five minutes.

when the dryer buzzed, sherlock took john's clothes out and went back upstairs with them, laying them out on the bed like john had them before. he went back into the living room when he heard the shower turn off.

john came out of the bedroom dressed and with a smile on his face. he walked over to his boyfriend and leaned down, giving him a sweet kiss. "thank you, love."

sherlock smiled and gave john another kiss. "not a problem."

2.

mornings both boys were in a hurry, they shared a shower. sometimes they just shared one to share one. they always enjoyed each other's company, sometimes a little too much. it was always a nice gesture to john and he never understood why sherlock did it until he asked, "why do you always let me stand under the shower head?"

sherlock's cheeks turned pink. "i just want you to be warm."

john chuckled softly and stared up at the idiot detective with loving eyes. "but you'll get cold."

sherlock shrugged. "i prefer you to be warm so later you'll be extra warm in bed."

john scoffed and shook his head. "you're something else, sherlock holmes."

sherlock smiled and planted a kiss on the doctor's forehead placing his hands on his hips.

3.

john woke up and turned his head to the left, not seeing the lump of a man that's usually there. he turned to the right and reached for his phone, feeling the sticky note then peeling it off his phone.

Good morning. Remember that I love you and you'll have an amazing day.
XXOO

john smiled at the note and stuck it to the night stand as he sat up. he stretched his arms above his head before getting up and heading to the closet.

he walked out to the kitchen and got his coffee mug from the cupboard, putting it under the coffee maker. as the coffee brewed, he went to the fridge and opened it, reaching for the milk and seeing another post t note.

Don't forget to eat something before you leave.
Also I'm picking up more milk on my way home.

john chuckled and stuck the post it note on the fridge in the pile with the others on the side of the fridge as he pulled the milk out. he went over to the pack of poppy seed muffins and opened them, taking one out and eating it as the coffee poured into his mug.

after eating, john went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and when he looked in the mirror he saw another hot pink sticky note.

Just a reminder that you're so beautiful and I love your body. And I love you.

the doctor felt his cheeks get warm and he looked down into the sink, grabbing his tooth brush.

Don't forget to smile.

You're perfect the way you are.

I love you.

Today will be good, don't doubt it.

the notes were something different every morning and john loved the feeling of knowing he'd wake up to one or sherlock telling him the real thing.

4.

sherlock sat at the table with his face buried in his microscope with the remains of a tornado around him. john came up the stairs and saw sherlock's mess around him. "sherlock, come on." he said, staring at the man.

sherlock looked up at john with his brows furrowed. "what?" he asked.

"the mess you've made!" john exclaimed, gesturing to the kitchen table. he sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "you know what, it's fine." he said and rubbed his face with his hand, taking a deep breath to calm himself. "i'm taking a shower." he declared then disappeared down the hallway.

sherlock looked around at his mess and saw that it was awful. he decided to get up and start cleaning so john wouldn't be that tired when he got out of the shower. he cleaned up his experiments while john was in the shower, putting away his chemistry set and microscope. when he heard john close the door to the bedroom was when he was wiping the table down. sherlock put the small vase of flowers back into the center of the table.

"why'd you clean?" john asked as he walked back into the kitchen.

sherlock turned to him. "i know you're tired, so i didn't want you to get even more tired by the mess i made and i also didn't want to see you stress about it." he admitted.

"thank you. i appreciate it." john said as he walked over to sherlock. "now, i am going to bed." he said and gave the brunette a kiss.

"i'll be there in a second. i'm going to put the rest of the dishes away." sherlock said then turned back around.

john smiled and ruffled the head of curls before making his back to their room, going straight to bed knowing he didn't have to do anything.

5.

john sat at his desk, looking over a patient's record. his phone started ringing and he looked over at t, seeing the caller id was sherlock. he picked it up and answered it, thinking sherlock had blown up the flat or something.

"you called?" he asked into the phone.

"i just wanted to tell you something." the baritone voice replied through the speaker.

"and that is..?"

"i love you."

john huffed out a laugh. "is that seriously why you called?"

"mhm-hmm."

"you're a ridiculous man. and i love you, too." john replied.

"good. see you at home." sherlock said then hung up.

john set his phone back down on his desk and smiled to himself, shaking his head to the man he called his boyfriend and continued to read the file.