Chapter 6

Sam’s POV

I got to school after arguing with Summer and then Jake about getting a lift to school. Everyone was whispering and pointing at me. I joined the football team and their conversation immediately stopped.

‘I heard you have a boyfriend’ Cody said. I turned bright red and buried my face in my hands.

‘Yes’ I whispered.

‘What????’ the team gasped.

‘Who???’ someone asked. I bit my lip debating, Michael nodded at me.

‘Michael’ I whisper.

‘How long?’ Cody asked.

‘You sound like a bunch of girls. Five years or so’ I smirked.

‘I really didn’t think that you would be a girl with a boyfriend’ Zac teased.

‘That’s what I thought’ Jake said walking up from behind me. Michael wrapped his arm around me and smiled. I shook my head and laughed.

‘I only found out last night’ Jake added. I glared at all of them before heading to Health. The class was eerily quiet when I walked in.

‘Fine, I have a boyfriend, go gossip about who it is’ I told the class sitting down.

‘Today you have to talk about something you are scared of to the class’ Ms Wilson said as she walked in. I listened to people say how they are afraid of things such as spiders and bears and why.

‘Miss Anderson, you can go’ she said and I stood at the front of the class.

‘I’m afraid of travelling by car’ I said.

‘Why?’ most people yelled.

‘That is classified information’ I snapped.

‘Did you crash and kill your family?’ someone called out. I say it was Jamie. I knew she hated me, I was the complete opposite and she wanted me to be a cheerleader and she had the courage to ask me and I pushed her against a set of lockers.

I walked up to her and towered over her, glaring. I was trying really hard not to crying in front of the class. I picked her up then dropped her into her seat. The class began to whisper.

‘Shut the fuck up’ I told them. I saw Ms Wilson start to say something but I ran out of the class. I walked into the courtyard and picked a tree to climb and sat there. I knew that if Michael was allowed out he would be looking for me but I wanted to be alone. I skipped the next class and climbed down and walked into Calculus.

Michael looked at me and I silently told him to talk later. He turned around as our teacher walked in. he handed out the tests and I flipped over the top corner. 100 again. I had an amazing memory so Calculus I remember everything we had been taught.

Michael found me alone at lunch outside on the football field. I let him sit down beside me and wrap his arms around. We sat there in silence for a minute.

‘You could have lied’ he said.

‘My councillor says that lying is the worst thing to do’ I gave him a weak smile.

‘No else got asked why? It’s not fair’ I yelled. He comforted me until the football team ran in.

‘I found the lovebirds’ Cody called to the rest of them. I turned around and kissed Michael just to annoy them.

‘Eeeewww’ they all cried. Then we all began to laugh. This is why I love boys. They always laugh which I find is the best medicine most of the time.