Chapter 12

Sam’s POV

I didn’t want to go to school on Monday. Jake said that the class President hadn’t been announced yet which isn’t something to look forward to. I’m pretty sure that Father told Jake to still stop me from seeing Michael still. I have decided start to go through the attic after training today. I walked into school and got swamped by the cheerleaders.

‘Why did you put your name for class president and then not campaign?’ Jamie asked.

‘I didn’t put my name in’ I protested.

‘Was it so that you could try and beat Jake’ someone asked.

And when you knew that he would beat you so you didn’t try’ Jamie smirked. I sighed and walked towards the football team.

‘Before you ask no I didn’t put my name up for class president’ I told them.

‘I told you so’ Cody said.

‘I really want to know who put my name in though’ I muttered.

‘The announcement is getting made in our first class’ Zac said as the bell rang. I walked to Health. Jake was already there. He looked smug, thinking probably he had already won. The announcement started and everyone was silent.

‘The Class President for this year is Jake Anderson and the Vice President is Samantha Anderson. Well done to all the nominees. Can I get Jake and Samantha to come to my office’ Mr Dixon said. I got up quickly and hurried out of the class. To most people it would like I was eager but I was completely the opposite.

Mr Dixon was waiting for us. He was sitting in the same seat as the other day with a tidy pile of files in front of him. The top one was labelled Class President. Jake sat down beside him. I stood on the other side.

‘Please sit down, Samantha’ Mr Dixon said.

‘I told you not to call me that’ I told him.

‘I will call you what your Father wants to call you’ Mr Dixon.

‘I hate my Father. I am only here for one reason and that I am resigning’ I told him.

‘You can’t do that’ Mr Dixon said.

‘I can and I will so but if you want me to fill out pages upon pages of paperwork than I can but I would rather not’ I said walking out. I heard Jake say something to Mr Dixon but I was out of the door to hear the details.

Coach pulled me aside at the start of training

‘You have to fulfil your duties as Vice President’ he said.

‘My name got put in and I didn’t want it and I got in’ I told him.