Part 1 - Bruised.. hearts

Morning brought joyous moments to both houses, Gupta house and Raizada mansion, even though more hearts were filled with sorrow.

Buaji all geared up for the upcoming engagement ceremony cried,

"Aye Sanka Devi, do you have to go on your engagement today also, it's already 2pm. You know the next good date available is in 6 months time. " Khushi heard her Buaji shout at the top of her voice.

"Buaji, I know I know, don't you worry. I was going to go tomorrow anyway to say my final goodbye, but Anjali ji wants me to go there today itself. I will be back soon" Khushi was already halfway near the gate of her house...

"Eat something and go.." Payal shouted, but the next she heard was the Auto Rikshaw starting, and Khushi waving bye.. "this girl will never look after herself. She did not eat her breakfast properly, now she has left without eating anything.." Payal grumbled to her mum..

*********************************

"Khushi ji what was the need for all this" exclaimed Anjali looking at all the beautiful gifts Khushi had got. There came Mami with an air of superiority to inspect the gifts, which in deed, she did want to appreciate, but alas her status would go down.

"Anjali ji, nothing as expensive as all your sarees, just a very simple saree with Lucknowee work. Payal and I are always into these things when we are free. Hope you like it." Khushi very humbly replied.

"Khushi bitiya why only for Anjali and Lavanya, what about us old people" Nani joked, indicating Mami and herself. Greatly offended, Mami chided, "Arrey Sasauma, old peoples, I am not! I am only.. and by the way, all these are old fashioned.." and cat walked her way to her room.

********************************************

All her way to the temple she cursed herself. "Why did you have to bother to give him the key? If he does not want it, so be it. Why do you impose your ideas and thinking in his life?. Hey Devi maiyya, why are you making me go through this? Save me please save me Devi maiyya... what did he say, does not want to see my face. Does not want to talk to me, As if I am too keen!! As if, No, I am not keen either, No I don't want to see his face either,.." She forced herself to believe by repeating again and again.

Devi maiyya sat on her lion and smiled. Smiled because her ardent devotee came to see her, and of course she had received a great many kilos of jilebis from her, even though the offerings had dwindled in the last few days. Smiled because she had just seen another couple fight, again trying to deny their feelings for each other.. Oh what could she do?

Smile of course she did.. to see Khushi grumbling and telling her off...

"Hey Devi maiyya, don't you, I warn you, don't you ever bring him in front of me, or take me in front of that khadoos (grumpy), arrogant rakshas (demon). Do you understand anything at all or are you simply going to sit and smile."

Flashback start

Holding her tight so as to support her from not falling into the pool, he snarled, "Don't you understand? How many times should I tell you I don't want to see your face? "

Looking at him with a shocked but hurt expression she whispered, "Arnav Ji, I came to give your key." Her eyes started to fill and anytime soon it would break open.

"What nonsense, you need some excuse don't you? Go away."

That was how he was shouting when Lavanya came to call Khushi to discuss her wedding plans. Watching their intense fight, she stood numb. "Why this strong emotion towards her? Albeit hatred! He never behaves like this with anybody else, why her all the time? How can anybody bear such treatment. But why did she have to go to him? What's with them two... oh God"