Part 20 - New Relations??

Way back home was disturbing. Khushi was surprised at her behaviour. Mentally cursed herself, "What happened to you Khushi kumari Gupta. Where did your self control go? What were you blabbering all the while.. Have you forgotten everything?"

Payal, though had her own worries. She was to be shown to a prospective groom. Would she be able to love anybody when her heart longed to belong to the tall spectacled man? But what could she do? Her thoughts went to Sheesh mahal when she was surprised by his mum's visit. "Why was his mum here? Other than the mocking comment she made early on, she was in fact quite hospitable to the sisters"

Payal came out of her thoughts when she heard, "Not again. No Devi Maiyya, please.." Khushi's behaviour had slowly started to worry her. "What has happened to Khushi? Why this sudden change? Again she is saying 'not again..' Is she disturbed by the fall again?" Payals thoughts went to the constant telecast of the TV footage when Khushi fell for the first time.

Khushi though, was still having flashes of previous images playing in her mind...

"Get out" she was stranded in the middle of the road late night,

"It does not matter to me if you exist or not. Don't think Arnav Singh Raizada will be affected by a middle class girl "

"Don't think your life is settled because a rich man had kept your payal (anklets) "

"It does not mean anything"

"It means nothing to me"

Khushi looked confused when Payal shook her and the rickshaw driver asked "Madam how can it not mean anything. It IS 80rs "

Paying the auto fellow Payal dragged Khushi home to be greeted by a loud

"Hai re nandkishore, look what time the girls have come? Is this is the time to come? Don't you know you both had to be here early and get ready ? Now what are you both looking at me? Go and get ready"

Knowing their Buaji's restlessness, both girls did not bother to waste any time in recounting their day at Sheesh Mahal, it could wait..

*****************************************************

Anjali and Nani were amused by Arnav praising. "Di, Payal and Khushi are really good at dealing things. Do you know, how much I tried to lure them to accept, but they were quite stubborn, or rather thought of the business before jumping in it looking at their benefits"

However, seeing all the dull faces at the dining table, Arnav enquired, "What happened Di, you were ok, why are you all down?"

Nani spoke "Someone is coming to see Payal today. That's why they had to hurry"

"Oh is it? " was all he could say and mentally prepared to mention the same to Akash and hurry himself, if he was really serious.

"I spoke to Madhumati ji. The boy has come from London for a few days and his parents want him to get married. So if things go well, they might get them married before he goes back. Seeing Payal, I don't think it will be a problem"

Nani saw how mami was squirming in her seat, who was in a dilemma? What will happen to my Akash if this happens? What if he never marries? Oh my God... I need to think..

Arnav was seeing Mami's face to gauge her reactions, but what he heard next put him off completely,

Looking intently at Arnav, Nani continued, "Oh and Madhumati also told me the Boys cousin may also accompany them since they are also seeking for a girl. She joked saying how Khushi and Payal would always wanted to marry two brothers.. and it might become true.."