Part 13 - Solutions

"Akash? " Payal was at her tethers seeing Akash walk into the rehab centre looking for, oh of course..

The Raizada family, after relaxing had gone about finishing the impending duties they had come for. Starting early, Nani took all her grand children to the family temple and later her long wish to visit the Dargah was fulfilled.

Seeing the over enthusiastic Akash, Anjali teased, "Akash how come you know so much about this place?" She was feeling a lot better in her hometown. Though it brought back painful memories, it still had her childhood memories, her loving mum. You simply cannot forget the place where you spent the first 18 years of your life.

Giving her a stern look, "Di, I think you should wait here while I confirm this is the right place." And he was gone to look for the Guptas.

Arnav seconded "Yes di, that's right, Nani, and you stay here". Getting bored after waiting for a few seconds, "I will see if I can find Khushi" and left the ladies to take rest.

Payal was surprised "Akash, What are you doing here Akash? Have you come all the way, or am I dreaming?"

However Akash did not hear much of what she said. He was so happy seeing her after so many days. He spoke dreamily.. "Dreams.... yes I am dreaming everyday Payal.. Is it the case with you too?"

Payal went red seeing him flirt, the cheek of him, even though she was happy to see him, trying to get angry, she spoke rather grumpily, "Akash? Honestly you have come here to say this? Did we not talk that day, I don't want to talk about marriage and I have other responsibilities, let's give it a br.." but she stopped abruptly when she saw they had an audience.

Arnav looked at them, gaping. He didn't know Akash and Payal knew each other. When had they met? Definitely they were not talking like strangers and what is Payal on about, what marriage?

As soon as Akash saw his brother, "Bhai, this is the right place," and turning to Payal, "Payal, Di and Nani are in the car."

Now Payal got a bit worried and the first thought that came to her mind was "Have they come here with regards to a marriage proposal? Last time he had come with Anjali."

Looking at Akash, she spoke or rather whispered, "Akash, what's happening? Why are they all here." The familiarity with which they spoke, how she was arguing before, and now whispering, Arnav felt uncomfortable as if he was entering the personal space of a couple. He was unwanted there at that moment of time.

"Payal, They are here to meet your Babuji. To know how his treatment is going on. Have you met Khushi yet? Has she spoken to you?" Akash was surprised she did not know anything.

"Oh, Why, they came yesterday but there were a few things she had to sort out in Lucknow before coming here. So Khushi and Buaji have just come, only a few minutes ago. They are with Babuji and Amma" Payal explained. She felt as if there was something she was supposed to know. However, with Arnav looking at them in a daze, she knew she could not talk much now.

"Call Anjali ji and Nani ji, let them come and meet Babuji" Payal told Akash.

Arnav was soon to react and said, "Akash you stay, I will get them" with Akash immediately replying "Thanks Bhai.."

He was very much tempted to strike back at Payal for talking to his brother with such lenience , but it was too much of a shock to strike so soon. The fact still bugged him, "How do they know each other. And Akash didn't want me there.." It saddened to think his younger brother was trying to get rid of him.

No sooner was he gone, Payal angrily turned to Akash and hissed, "AKASH? Why are they here?"

"Payal, where is Khushi? We thought she would be here first thing in the morning to see her Babuji." Raising his shoulders and making a bored face, "Has she also been visiting all the temples, dargah, like us since morning? Do you know any we could visit, tell them to Nani and Di.."