Part 15 - Responsibility

Sorry guys/gals... been away for a while, then loads of guests come bringing along tons of misunderstanding....

Finally I have managed to get this one out... 

Hope you all like it...

Part 15 - Responsibility

"Di, how can you even think of going back there? Have you forgotten the past?" Arnav tried to make her see some logic.

"Chote, running away from the past does not make you forget it. We tried it. Have you forgotten? No, every time you think of it, or go to Lucknow, it hurts even more than the previous time. I want to try and live there, probably that might strengthen me to take the bitter past with a stride than escaping from it. I strongly feel I will feel more lighter, otherwise there is always the heavy head of the past lurking in my mind." Anjali was quite adamant on going and staying in Lucknow.

Getting angry, looking into his eyes, "I was so eagerly waiting for your wedding, and now, you have taken away that as well. " she spoke harshly. All were devastated, especially mami on learning the latest news of their breakup.

Ignoring her last few comments, "But Di, what about us? How can you be there alone? May be you want to go there, but alone? That's impossible" Now ASR spoke with strong command and all knew he would not budge on that issue.

Considering what Anjali has been going through, seeing the brother and sister fight, Nani interrupted, "Well, chote, if that will make her happy, I will go and stay with her for a few days. Then we can decide on what she wants to do." Nani liked the freedom she had had in Lucknow, even if for a few days only, so she suggested "Anjali too might want to be left alone for at least some time.. and why not give the opportunity, she is not asking to go away to a foreign country or a place where we don't know anybody. It is Lucknow. We know the place, nothing to worry "

"Nani, if you are going to be there, Di, stay for a few days, then we can see." Seeing his di give a full blown smile, Arnav felt content.

However there was another quarter that needed his attention. He had heard all about the Payash saga both from Akash and his Di. So he suggested,

"Akash, you too can go there for some time if you are interested!!" to which Mami gave him strange or may be few angry glances.. "Why do you want to take away my only bitwa" she thought but dared not to say anything!!

"Bhai, it's of no use.." Akash gave him a dejected reply and went out of the room.

He had seen enough. He couldn't wait any longer. How long can he see his brother brood? He had tried to convince him she was rude and may not be right for him, but nothing worked. Akash went into further depression. It's been nearly a week since they had arrived in Delhi, Arnav dialled Khushi. He wanted to ask her how she was doing? Whether she was really going to Lucknow.. being Khushi, always taken for granted, he spoke, rather barked..

"Khushi, can you meet me today sharp 6pm in my office? " Arnav ordered Khushi. He didn't know how to be polite when his brother was being subject to such torture from her sister.

Even though he was talking rude, it was music to her ears. How she had longed to hear him. The last she spoke was in the rehab centre and he had to rush to Delhi for an important meeting, leaving the rest of the family to come back with Buaji and Khushi.

Now, Khushi literally had her hands on her waist, as if to say, "How dare you order me.. why should I meet you?" however, she decided to listen to him first, but spoke rather rudely "Arnav ji, what is the matter, all of a sudden you call me and order me to come and meet you."