Never Too Late

AN: If I have used any images as inspiration they will be at the top of the page! Please Enjoy.
I haven't edited the story only changed the title.

Sirius couldn't quite believe this was the last time he would sit in the great hall. It seemed silly, all that time talking about how annoying school was when all he wanted to do was to stay there. Last year seemed so long ago now. On their last night of being 6th years, James had snuck some fire-whiskey in (god knows how) and they all got more than a little tipsy. Well, that's not quite true, Remus only had one. In Sirius' drunken haze he had poured all his feelings for the only not-drunk boy in the room. The next morning, he was welcomed with a hangover and a very amused Remus. Only then did he remember what he had said. He was about to say sorry, that he was drunk and didn't mean to put that on him. But all Remus did was smile and say, "Did you mean what you said last night?"

"Yes, I'm sorry if you don't feel the same." He had quickly replied, then realising what he had done did a mental facepalm. He shouldn't have worried. Sirius looked up, waiting for a response, but got something else entirely. Remus leaned in and kissed him. Sirius melted into it after the surprise wore off. Both boys had smiled and promised to write.

Now a year latter Sirius realised that he would never set in the hall again. Well, it's now or never.

"You sure you're okay, with people knowing?" Sirius asked for the thousandth time. The magical community was much more accepting, but it was still a sore point with some wizards.

"Of course, because all the other millions of times I've said yes haven't been enough?"

Sirius took a deep breath and stood on the bench so that he was taller than everyone else, who were sitting.

"And remember kids it's never too late to become a raging homosexual degenerate!" He yelled at the top of his lungs before swiftly stepping off the bench to sweep Remus into his arms and kissed him in front of everyone. The kids who had started to laugh at what they thought was a joke stopped. Then the cheering broke out, started by James and Peter, quickly spreading down the Gryffindor table, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff quickly joining them. Some of the teachers joined in, Dumbledore being the most enthusiastic, and even some of the Slytherin's clapped. Sirius bought Remus back up, but before breaking apart Remus whispered, "Do you think anyone saw?" to which Sirius replied, "Nah, I think we're good." Neither could stop the grins plastered on their faces.