Leaving

Update as promised. I am looking at my headcanons page and cringing so I want to know whether you want me to keep it up or if it would be okay for me to take it down.

The flat's bedroom isn't big. It looks even smaller than it is as an open trunk and piles of belongings cover the floor space that isn't occupied by furniture. A man of about 20 sits on the bed, clearly tall even though he is sitting. He has hair you can't decided is light brown or dark blonde and a scar running down one side of his face. Despite this he looks gentle and kind. His soft jumper and worn pants gives him a look of someone much older than his years. This is only further supported by the look in his eyes. They are eyes that you can tell have experienced too much pain in their short life. Maybe the look disappears when he laughs, but it is impossible to tell due to the tears running down his face.

As the man sits on the bed he uses a wand to levitate the belongings, that you can only assume are his, into the trunk. He moves each item in one at a time. While the shear volume of stuff he has scattered around indicates he is leaving for good, it is clear from his slow packing and tears he doesn't want to leave. While in the middle of moving a folded shirt into the trunk the sound of a door opening fills the apartment.

"Hey baby, where are you?" A voice that is yet to have a body calls. The man sitting on the bed takes a deep breath before answering.

"Bedroom." He replies in a small voice you almost doubt the other can hear. A different man enters the cluttered bedroom. This man isn't tall but isn't short either. He has long black hair and a smile on his face. The black jeans and leather jacket are a stark contrast to the soft and worn jumpers, pants and robes that litter the floor. He has a nervous look in his eyes and a smile that melts of his face as he sees the state of the bedroom they clearly share.

"Remus, what are you doing?" The dark-haired man asks.

"Isn't it obvious, I'm packing." Says the other man, Remus, he has stopped crying now.

"I can see that Rem, but why?"

"Because I'm moving out Sirius. Because I can't stay here anymore." Remus says, clearly struggling not to say more.

"That's okay. We can find some place else. Maybe in the country, that way your fury little-" Sirius starts but is cut off.

"Jeez Siri, you don't get it, do you? It's not the apartment, or the location. It's you. I was away for two weeks. TWO WEEKS SIRIUS. I couldn't see, talk or write to you. I was so happy to come and spend some time with my boyfriend before the full moon. Yet this whole week all you have done is spend time with anyone but me. That hurts. Didn't you think that maybe I wanted to spend some time with you or James or Peter or Lily? No, because you don't think about anyone but YOURSELF." Remus finishes, once again tears escaping down his cheeks.

"Oh God, what did I do?" Sirius mumbles before addressing Remus. "It wasn't that I didn't want to see you. I missed you so much Remus. I realised that I couldn't bear to spend even two weeks without you. I know I did something stupid. I just, I couldn't build up the nerve to say what I should have said at the start." Sirius pauses to take a breath and Remus looks up.

"Can I apparate you somewhere?" Sirius asks.

"Why would you do that?" Remus replies very confused.

"It feels wrong saying it here, sounded by your stuff." Sirius answers truthfully. Looking at the scarred man as if he holds the power to make everything wrong with the world right.

"And after that, if I want you to, you'll let me go?" Remus confirms, obviously doubtful about Sirius' power to keep him.

"Yes, I swear on Prongs' life." Sirius answers, a look of hope entering his face. He swaps his leather jacket for an equally black blazer. He holds his hand out for the other man to take. Remus reluctantly places his hand it the shorter boys and they disappear with a pop.

The place they appear is something you would find in a fairy tale. Candles float around, while roses without thorns bloom. Sirius never lets go of the taller man's hand as he leads his to a spot in the centre of the garden. Turning around he gets down on one knee. From the pocket of the blazer, he pulls a black velvet ring box.

"I don't know where to start. You have always cared for me, no matter if I was laughing or crying. I sometimes wonder how I got it so good. I mean, the war sucks, but I have a home where I can go. I could have been stuck with anyone, but somehow, I got lucky enough to spend time with you. Being with you is never hard, just so amazing. When you left, I didn't last the first day knowing I couldn't even write to you for the next two weeks. I realised I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. So, will you, Remus John Moony Lupin, marry me?" Sirius finishes never taking his eyes off the boyfriend he's hoping he will still have in a few minutes time.

"Yes." Remus whispered, so quietly that this time Sirius didn't hear. As Sirius frowned, he repeated it, louder.

"Yes, Sirius, I would. Just, why spend so much time away from me?" It was bugging him. If Sirius had wanted to spend the rest of his life with him, why abandon him.

"I forgot that you didn't know that I was going to propose. I was so nervous that I ended up spending way too much time with James and Lily. I figured talking to them would help because you know, they're married. Didn't always help. I finally decided to do it so that you could have something happy to hold onto during the full moon."

Sirius had spent the entire ramble looking at the floor, wondering how Remus would react. He realised now what it must have felt like for his now fiancé and was scared of him leaving him. He didn't see the other boy come up, not realising until he was in the others embrace.

"You going to kiss me or not you idiot?" Remus whispered. There was no reply as the couple's lips crashed together, truly happy for the first time in over three weeks. The war was forgotten in that kiss. Every hate they ever received and were going to receive was forgotten. You would almost swear that the kiss was magic.