Eight.

(Mani's POV)
"I GOT TO DO THINGS MY OWN WAY DARLING. WILL YOU EVER LET ME? WILL YOU EVER RESPECT ME NOOOOOOOO." I screech over my music as I slouch in the plane seat.

"What's the point of being able to sing if you sound like a sea lion?" Choie asked as she peeped over her glasses at me.

"You know what you blind bitch.." I laugh as I open up my messages and instantly spot "Kittymonger 🐱" splattered across the screen. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't grinning right now. Y/n and I have been talking nonstop for the past week and honestly it's like we've fallen back into the way we used to be.

📲 from Kittymonger 🐱: So.. Vegas huh?

📲 to Kittymonger 🐱: Yup, for a few days.

I bit down on my bottom as I waved my thumbs over my keyboard. I wanted to invite her on the trip but I wasn't sure if she'd be down for it, plus, my dad isn't a fan of hers so it would've been a clash. Letting out a sigh, I lay my phone down on my stomach and turn to look out of the window. Having Y/n around would complete my day. Honestly, I wouldn't even need to go to a club; just me, her, and a hotel room would be perfectly fine. The smile on my face continues to grow at all the possibilities. As soon as I feel the vibrations, I grab my phone and scan over her reply.

📲 from Kittymonger 🐱: sounds lit. I hope you have a good time out there.

Okay, it's eating at me. Her coming to spend my birthday can't be a bad idea right? I mean, it's not like my dad would even know she's there. We all have separate suites so it isn't like Y/n and dad would ever cross paths..fuck it.

📲 to Kittymonger 🐱: you should come through.

Before I could even really put more thought into it, I pressed send. Part of me panicked, I knew she wouldn't agree to it but the other lowkey knew she couldn't resist seeing me. As I continued to have an inward battle with myself, she replied.

📲 from Kittymonger 🐱: we'll see, pretty girl.

Vague, but I can work with it. It's definitely better than a flat out no so I'm good. Now I just have to wait and see what she's gonna do.

(Y/N's POV)
Vegas honestly doesn't sound like a bad move.. I'd get a little break plus, I'd be able to have a little baecation. That's a win right? Right. I exit my messages and open safari to set up travel arrangements. I would've normally asked Ryan but I didn't want her in my business, I mean, I'm a grown ass man outchea.

"Sooooo.. Vegas." My sister smiled as she leaned against my shoulder.

"Yes Vegas. Problem?"

"No not at all. Just random." She shrugged as she pulled away and returned to her plate. "Why you heading out?"

I simply shrugged as I lifted a spoonful of mac and cheese in my mouth. I'm not even gonna look at her, I already know she has that sly ass look on her face. That's the thing about Infiniti and I. She's older, so she's definitely protective AND she knows the moment I'm doing something shady or lying. She has this..glare that'll go right through you. I'm convinced she's a talking polygraph machine but hey, I love her anyway.

"Sooo, you're just.. going out to Vegas..without Ryan...alone...randomly?"

"Mhm." I mumble while adverting my eyes up to the tv.

"Little foot.."

"Yes..?"

She continued to glare at me until the realization hit her. "Ohhhhhhhhh, you're going to see a girl." She smirked while wiggling her brows at me. "Aint you?"

"What are y'all in here fussing about now?" Our grandmother asks while entering the dining room with our mother.
Sidebar, black don't crack. Continue.

"Little foot is going to Vegas to see a girl."

"Oh so you've finally gotten out of that little relationship funk huh?" My mother smirked as she leaned against the table. "Who's the girl?"

"No! I'm just- taking a trip.." I blush wildly as I cross my arms over my chest. "There is no girl y'all I-"

Before I could even continue to lie my grandma interjected with a slight read. "Look here, Y/n. You ain't low, playa. We peep you every time you come over. You have your nose in your screen and you grin like a damn catfish, you giggle and AKIKI like a little kid. If that ain't "i got me some new booty meat." Then I don't know what is."

"Boo- on that note I'm gonna go. I have to get packed so." I hopped down from the stool and made me a healthy togo plate before kissing my sister, mom and grandmother. "Thanks again for the foooood, I'll call you guys when I land."

"Be safe, tell your girlfriend we said hi." My mom snickered as she walked me to the door.

My family's annoying but dammit, I love them.

(Mani's POV)
In a few hours ya girl is gonna be 22, not that it's a big deal but hey. Anyway, we're all getting ready to go catch Jennifer Lopez's show and then out to eat.

"Okay princess, I'd appreciate it if you oh I don't know MOVE YOUR ASS. WE'READY TO GO." Choie hollered from the living room.

"IM COMING DAMN."

"You better take the bass out of your chest, ma'am." She peeked her head in the doorway and raised an eyebrow. "You look cute though, I see you. Tryna put something extra into it incase ya boo thing shows up huh?"

"No...yes." I pout as I close my makeup bag and turn to sit down and slide on my heels. I haven't heard from Y/n since earlier so I doubt if she was coming. I can't lie and say I wasn't disappointed but it is what it is, maybe we'll link up on our own. After getting ready, we loaded everyone up and headed to the concert. Can I just say, she slays? I doubt if there was a moment where I was sitting down or quiet. She owned that shit. Over halfway through the show, I checked my messages and still no sign of Y/n. I let out a soft sigh before opening my camera back up to record a the rest of the show. Afterward, we all went to a restaurant inside the hotel and chilled.

"That was fire, she still got it. I cannot." Choie gushed while scrolling through the videos.

"Right? I hope I still look and dance that good when I'm her age." I add before sipping my drink. "Ass was po-"

"This seat taken?" A familiar voice asked from behind. I didn't wanna turn around but from the grin on Choie's face I knew my baby came through. I slowly turned around and a wide smile graced my lips. "Happy Birthday babygirl." She returned my smile. Before she could even hold her arms out for me I was already attached to her torso. "YOU CAAAAAAAME". I screamed as I tilted my head upward and kissed her cheek repeatedly. My birthday has officially been made and the remainder of the trip flew by quickly.

It was the last night and Y/n and I were up on her balcony smoking a blunt; yes, I smoke and have gotten better with handling it.

"So, it's 11:55.. I think it's time for your last birthday gift." She spoke softly while reaching into her pocket to grab a small box. As I carefully take it from her hands, she reaches around and wraps her arm around my body and watches me. Once the bow came undone I flipped the box open and instantly dropped my jaw at the two Cartier Love Bracelets sitting inside. "Y/n.." I mumbled while looking up at her.

"One for me, one for you." She smiled while taking the platinum and diamond one from the box and cuffing it around my wrist. "That way you can jock my style, and also.. whenever we're both busy or separated we'll still be connected. Just look down at your wrist, and you'll know I'm thinking of you." Y/n smiled while sliding on her own and resting her forehead against mine. I was at a loss for words. Out of all the gifts she's given me in the past day, this has to be my favorite one. My eyes advert down to her lips and then back into her eyes before causing a smile to creep across my lips. I don't want her to think I hate the bracelet so-

"I love you."

Shit.

A/N: thanks for hanging in there with me y'all. Tell me what you think. Drop comments, likes, message me, idc