TWO

I woke up that next morning in a daze. I shifted around in the tight bed and spotted Pony still asleep.His face looked so angelic, I loved it. I silently tip-toed out of the room and headed to the shower. I turned on the faucet and stood still in the shower. 

I let the cool breeze in through the window. It met with my skin. The wind felt like an ocean drowning me in it's mass body. I inhaled deeply at the moment. Playing with my gold chain that hung around, my neck , I began to think of Lilia.

My fingers outlined the shape of the cross pendant that was connected to the chain. Lilia had given it to me, she was a strong believer in the Catholic faith. On the other hand, I was very different.Last night, I told Lilia that I had strong feelings for both boys and girls.

She slapped me, and I got frustrated with her. That's why I had run away. I couldn't help but dread telling Pony about this little secret. What would he think about me? Maybe he'd kick me out, I thought to myself. I felt little, salty, tears rolling down my cheek.

By the time I managed to suck it up, it was already 11:00 a.m. I wrapped a towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom. I looked at Pony who was now awake. "Hey.", he said, smiling at me. I bit my lip and simply said, "Hey.", he did his cute little laugh. I loved it.

"I guess I should be meeting your brothers after two days.", I said laughing awkwardly. He nodded at me, pursing his lip. I quickly slipped on a tee shirt that was way too big for my small frame. "You look cute in that shirt.", Pony said. "Thanks.", I said rolling my eyes.

I followed Pony down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Look at you.", one of his older brothers said, smiling at me. I smiled back. He had icy blue eyes, and was real good looking. "Quit it Soda.", the other brother said laughing. "That's Darry.", Ponyboy whispered. I nodded.

"I'm Julie.", I state smiling at both of them. "Well, we've been expecting you since yesterday.", Soda said. I looked down in embarrassment."I'm sorry.", I mumbled."You don't have to be sorry.", Darry said. "Hell, I'd forgive you anytime.", a deep voice said from behind me.

"Dally, can't you act decent for once?", Pony questioned him, rolling his eyes. I covered my mouth, to hide my laughter. Dally inhaled sharply and put his hands up as if to surrender. "You have fun with your girl man.", he said and headed back to the couch.

"He's real bold.", I said. They all nodded in agreement. "Why don't you take her to meet Johnny and Steve?", Darry suggested. Pony nodded and took me outside. "Your brothers are nice.", he shrugged at me and continued walking.

We walked to the park that I had been at last night. There, we found a young boy , sleeping on the bench. "That's Johnny.", Pony whispered at me. I nodded. He looked worn out and dirty. There was dirt and soot all over his face. He had a long cut around his cheekbone.

"Seems like he's been through a lot.", I said blandly. Pony nodded at me, not exchanging  word. We sat on the ground beside Johnny waiting for him to wake up. I played with my brown locks, tangling it up at the ends. I looked like garbage, for a Soc. But, I could care less.

Johnny's dark lashes started to flutter. His eyes were soon open. Looking at me, in confusion. I smiled weakly at him. All he did was mumble something and blink. "Hey Johnnycakes.", Pony smiled, messing with his hair.

"Who..are you?", Johnny said narrowing his eyes. "I'm Julie.", I said, smiling oddly. He nodded at me and sat up. "Got a cancer stick?", Johnny asked Pony. He nodding, handing him the cigarette. The boy began to smoke. Exhaling sharply each time. "Are you Pony's girl?", he asked.

I looked at Pony. He shrugged at me. "No, not exactly.", I said abruptly. Pony nudged my elbow. "Ouch.", I hissed. "Well Johnny, I'll catch up with you later. Go back to sleep.", 

"Not my girl, huh?", Pony said walking alongside me. "What did you expect me to say?", I ask. He shrugged,looking down at his best up sneakers.

I felt bad. I did like him, I just didn't want to admit it. I cut in front of him before he could take another step and kissed him.

He picked me up and we stumbled onto the grass. I looked at him as he laid on top of me. I grabbed his face gently.

"I'm so fucking sorry. Last night was a dream Pony. I loved it. ", I say breathlessly. He rolled his eyes at me and smiled.

"I was that good?", he asked laughing. I nodded yes, playing with his hair. He kissed me once more.

We continued to lay there. It was like a dream. Like one of those dreams you never feel like leaving. Your soul just wants to linger there. Forever.