THREE

I played with Pony's hair as he laid his head in my lap. We were sitting in silence for the past ten minutes. Let's just say that we had a disagreement and didn't know what to say or do now. "Pony.", my voice sounded dry after not talking for a while. He looks up at me. "What did we argue over again?", I ask. He laughs quietly, "I forgot.", I smile.

"You're so precious, you know.", he starts to talk. He places his hand on my face and rubs it with his thumb. "Your face, your smile, your messy dark hair, your laugh.", his voice trails off. "Pony?", "I'm fine.", he assures me. He walks off, leaving me. "What the hell?", I mumble to myself. Sodapop walks into the room. "Julie.", he embraces me.

"Hey Soda.", I smile warmly at him. "What's wrong with Pony?", I ask. He shrugs, "He's probably in one of his moods again. It's okay.", he reassures me. I nod silently and hug the pillow that was next to me. "Have you met Steve yet?", he asks. I nod no, "I've heard a lot about him from Pony.", I say. Soda rolls his eyes, "Pony and Steve don't mix.".

"Would you want to meet him at the gas station tomorrow?", he asks. I nod, "Of course!", he smiles at me. "Great.". He walks off leaving me alone in the room again. I let myself collapse on the bed. I thought about Pony, "What happened to my baby?", I asked myself. I rush down the stairs to go look for him. "Darry? Have you seen Pony?".

He nods at me, "He said he was going to Buck's place.". I mouthed thank you at him and walked off. I wasn't too fond of Buck but I knew where he lived thanks to the Soc boys who would go and start fights over there ever so often. "Why the hell is Pony there out of all places?", I mumble. I start to walk towards Buck's house.

I spot Dally on the porch, smoking a cigarette. "Hey hot stuff.", he smirks at me. "Dallas.", I laugh, rolling my eyes at him playfully. "What brings you here?", he asks. "Chasing after Pony.", I say. "Ah I see, well go on.", he laughs. I hurry along inside. There were tons of greasers here. Most of them were drunk.

"Fuck Pony, the things I do for you.", I mutter to myself. I tried looking for Pony on the first level, he was nowhere to be found. I started walking up the stairs, looking through some rooms. That's when I barged in on him and some greaser girl getting it on. He was too busy to pay attention. I walk up to him and cross my arms.

"Really Pony?", my voice cracking a little. I swallowed, I wasn't going to cry in front of him. "Hey what's going o-", Dally stops his sentence in shock. He walks up to Pony and smacks him, "What the fuck is wrong with you?", he says through gritted teeth. "And you, Sylvia, get out of here.", he points to the greaser girl.

Sylvia leaves almost immediately. Pony slips on his shirt and pants. "Get out of here Pony before I kill you, for god's sake.", Dally says his voice rising with every word he says. Pony walks out and closes the door behind him. "Julie.", he pulls me closer to him. "Pony's a little stupid.", he states. I laugh in melancholy.

"Listen Julie, I'm going to bring you back to their place because I don't want you staying here it's too unsafe. Pony's ass better say sorry.", he says gently. I nod. He drops me off at the Curtis' place. I hug Dally tightly, "Thanks Dal.", I say, and walk off. I step inside the house. It was completely empty.

"What took you so long?", I see Pony walking down the stairs. I scoff, "Pony, you shouldn't be the one asking questions right now. Do you know how worried you had me? I wanted to know why you walked off earlier, because I care about you! But you being the dumbass you are decided that it was okay to mess around with another girl!".

He stares at me blankly, "I'm sorry Julie.", his voice cracking. He walks up to me and pulls me towards his chest. He starts to kiss me. I remain motionless, I was too tired and angry. He uses his hand to raise my chin up, "Look at me.", he commands. I look up at him. "I think I love you.". I push him away from me and head up the stairs.

He could go to hell.