8 - The Killing Begins

"Hyung, I think we're too late."

"What are you talking about, Niel- Watch out!!" I quickly pulled Daniel down along with myself as a bullet flew over our heads.

Screams erupted from everywhere in the ballroom as bullets pierced through windows and curtains.

"Jisung hyung!" Woojin was running towards quickly while ducking here and there from the bullets.

"Woojin, did you get to everyone?!" I asked, practically screaming over all the chaos.

Woojin nodded quickly, "Everyone except Daehwi, Jae In, and Jinyoung!" He yelled back.

"Are the three of them together at least?!" I asked, pulling the two into a corner where we're hidden from everyone else.

"Last time I saw them, they were." Woojin replied.

I nodded my head. "Gear up. Looks like the enemy was closer than we thought. Grab any extra guns you see and get to the others as soon as you can." I ordered.

Daniel and Woojin nodded. "What about the guests?" Daniel asked.

I paused and thought for second and shrugged. "Up to you guys." I gave a small smirk.

The other two glanced at eachother quickly before nodding back at me, smiling.

"Try not to get killed. Once we get everyone we're going to retreat." I said before we left the corner.

×××× Lee Jae In's POV

"Daehwi!" I screamed as the guard who was protecting me fell on top of me, shot in various spots.

"I got you, I got you." Daehwi calmly pushed the guard off of me and pulled me back up.

"Jae In! Are you alright?!" Jinyoung threw the gun he was holding away and ran over to us.

I nodded, taking in some deep breathes. "I-I'm fine."

Daehwi pulled Jinyoung and I down as a shower of bullets flew over us.

I squeaked out a small scream before wrapping my arms around Daehwi's neck, hugging him tightly.

"It's okay, it's okay!" Daehwi patted my back to comfort me.

"Daehwi, we have to find the others!" Jinyoung yelled over the chaos.

"What about your parents?!" Daehwi yelled back.

"I saw them leaving with Guanlin and Jihoon earlier! I think they're safe!" Jinyoung looked around for a spare gun and picked one up by the guard that had just fallen dead.

"Jinyoung, Jae In! I think I see mom and dad with Woojin! Let's make a run for it! Jinyoung, cover for us!" Daehwi grabbed my hand and made a run for it.

"Guys!" Woojin noticed us and ran over, pulling us quickly behind him and shooting those who were tagging onto us.

"Hyung! What's going on?!" Jinyoung asked, assisting Woojin with the kills.

"The enemy managed to sneak in and attack us. We need to evacuate as soon as possible!" Woojin quickly killed off two more guys before pushing us forward.

"Jae In, get out of here with your parents now! Daehwi, we need your help!" Jinyoung threw a gun at Daehwi and he catches it.

"Jae, listen to me carefully, once you go out these doors, keep going down the hall and turn left then keep going until you see the stairs. Afterwards go up those stairs and find Jinyoung's room and stay there. We'll come get you once it's safe. Alright?" Daehwi instructed carefully.