Chapter 5: The Knight Bus

I woke up early the next Monday. 5 am to be exact. I was too excited to sleep any longer. This gave me ample time to double check, triple check, and quadruple check everything I had to get today. After all of this an hour had passed, I was planning to leave at 6:30 am so I had about thirty minutes left. I chose to take up the rest of the time by cleaning up a few things.

Remembering the part about me being able to bring a cat along with me made me feel even more overjoyed that I was able to bring a dear friend with me to a wonderful place.

6:25 had finally rolled around and I headed to the front door. Now what I needed to do next was probably going to be the hardest part of being able to leave: I had to steal the Gringotts key from dad's room.

After mom had passed, I was never allowed in my parent's bedroom. If I ever did, it sure would get me into a lot of trouble. I very quietly snuck back upstairs and crept toward dad's room. I hesitated a bit, but after persuading myself a bit, I silently opened the door. Slowly, I walked toward mom's nightstand where the key was hidden. Luckily, when I opened the nightstand drawer the small, shiny gold key was still there.

"Yes!" I whispered and softly went back to the exit. As I walked out of the bedroom however, a very familiar picture caught my eye. It was a small photo of mom and I, hugging and smiling. I picked it up and the more I stared at it, the more memories flooded into my mind. My eyes stung with oncoming tears. I sniffed and promptly snuck out of the room with the picture close to my chest. I hid the precious picture under the loose floorboard in my room and with my mother's wand in hand and (C/n) by my side I walked to the nearest bus station (*sigh* which was 5 miles away)

After a while of walking my legs started to hurt. So I took a break. Sitting on top of a tree stump, I examined my dear mother's wand. I took a mental note of every detail of her wand. The slightly raised details that coiled together to look like blooming jasmine flower vines, the beautiful dark brown of the rosewood exterior, and the beauty of the delicate, worn handle. I held the wand above my head to look at in the sunlight. Not a second later, a loud bang startled C/n and I out of our thoughts. I looked up to see a dark purple, three decker bus with a tall Lanky man hanging out of the entrance.

"Welcome to the Knight Bus," he said, "My name is stan Shunpike and I will be your conductor this morning." he finished reading from a small paper in his hand and looked up.

"What're ya doing?" he asked. I quickly stood up.

"O-Oh nothing I just-well I was-"

"Alright, alright. No need ta get all flustered on me now. Come on, get up, there's no use in sitting around." Mr. Shunpike gestured for me to get off of my rather comfy stump and into the bus. I entered and the bus was HUGE! I gaped at the interior and the large chandelier that was being hung from the third level.

"Never seen a chandelier or what? Come on, get to the front." Mr. Shunpike shoved me to a seat near the driver. He tapped on the wall and suddenly with a big jolt, the bus sped into motion. At first C/n and I were startled, but eventually I steadied us by holding tight to some railing and C/n. Mr. Shunpike didn't look bothered at all.

"So where's you 'eaded?" he asked. I looked up, feeling a bit sick.

"Uuh Diagon Alley sir." I managed to stutter out. Mr. Shunpike beamed.

"Aaahhhh, goin' ta Hogwarts are ye? I had loads 'o fun there!" I smiled at his enthusiasm.

"Y-yes sir. Just got my letter yesterday." I flashed the envelope that held my letter at him. Mr. Shunpike smiled one again, but then frowned.

"Wait a second. Why are ya by yerself? Dontcha 'ave parents to take ya?" He asked. I looked down.

"No sir. I don't." I said a bit sadly.

"Alright then. We'll take ya to Diagon Alley, but we 'ave to go through a pub first." Mr. Shunpike changed the subject. I looked up and flashed a smile.

"Thank you. That would really help."

(A/n: I'm Not dead! Sorry it took so long to update. And yes I know this part is short and boring, but it will get better soon I promise!)

Have a nice day/night everyone! :)

-CAT