11. [hyunjin's kopf gets smacked]

In detention that afternoon, Felix found himself surrounded by some familiar faces. Park Minhyuk, for one, who (unlike Felix's own friends) looked absolutely thrilled to see him. Minhyuk was accompanied by his freakishly tall sidekick Sanha. Yoo Kihyun was also there, checking his concealer in the reflection of his stainless steel fidget spinner. There was also a student in the corner with their head down on the desk, hood on. Felix already began to plot out business opportunities.

"Dude, stop looking at me like that," Kihyun said, giving his fidget spinner a rather diva-ish spin.

"I'm not looking at you like anything," Felix said, puzzled. He wasn't aware that his business face involved a Robbie Rotten-esque smirk and emoticon-like eyebrows.

"Whatever," Kihyun replied, opening Instagram on his phone. The teacher promptly yelled at him and took his phone away. Felix kind of thought he was going to throw his fidget spinner at the teacher.

"So, why are you in detention?" Minhyuk asked, picking up his desk while he was sitting in it and waddling over to Felix. He slammed the desk down beside Felix's and the teacher looked up in annoyance. Sanha's face was red because he was trying very hard not to laugh. Or let loose a really huge fart, either one.

"Rats," Felix replied.

"No, I know that it sucks, but I asked why you were in detention."

"I meant rats, as in like, real rats. The principle found my rats wreaking havoc in the math department."

"Of course that was you! You're an absolute legend, you know that, right?"

"Don't feed his ego!" Cried the suspicious hooded student. They sat up and threw their hood off.

"Hyunjin? What in the name of Lucifer's left big toe are you doing here?" Felix asked. If you asked Hyunjin, he had actually shrieked, but according to psychology, it was extremely unlikely that two eyewitnesses' stories would match up. So yes, Felix asked.

"Please remain quiet! This is detention. Work on some homework or stare out the window," the teacher snapped.

"Who is this guy? I've never even seen him before," Felix said.

Hyunjin hurried over. "I had to see if Operation Happiness was busted or not," he whispered.

"It's not, you moron, they just found my rats, that's all."

"Rats? When did you have rats?"

"Does it matter? They're gone now." Felix pressed his lips together because actually thinking about his rats being gone was making him emotional. The last thing he needed was to cry in front of Minhyuk, because he was nearly one hundred percent sure that Minhyuk was the only person who respected him.

"Oh. Well, okay."

"Wait, will you tell me why you're here, dweeb?"

"I claimed responsibility for putting Mr. Shin's special sandwich tuna in his fish tank," Hyunjin admitted, refusing to look Felix in the eyes. Which was a smart move, because suddenly Medusa had nothing on the dumb stupid Australian kid.

"You what? That had gone unnoticed for weeks! I tried so hard to make sure Mr. Shin never noticed! I snuck in after school to plant the tuna, I kept spraying Febreze in his room, I even hung a complementary picture of myself on the outside of the tank so he wouldn't see it!"

"I'm sorry, but you're the mastermind behind all these pranks. I could never think up something to do. The rest of us don't have the talent for it, and we're always so in awe of how you do it, though none of us ever say so. The truth is, you have a gift for the art that I could never even hope to achieve."

Felix was silent for all of two seconds before his panic kicked in (he was horrible at accepting compliments, and a little department of his brain deployed very loud sirens whenever someone did compliment him).

"Everybody, watch out! The world is ending! Hyunjin's being soft! Gather all your prized possessions and prepare for the end, it's - "

"Lee Felix, that's another two weeks of detention! I don't get paid enough to have to watch you little putrid garbage piles," the teacher shouted.

"Yes sir!" Felix fired back, saluting before he could stop himself. The teacher glared at him with murder in his eyes, making this experience about the two-thousandth time someone had tried to kill him with a stare.

"Felix, just shut up," Hyunjin said.

"Gotcha."

Sanha came over to sit beside Minhyuk and the two started holding their own conversation. He didn't pick up his desk, but just watching the kid try not to trip over his Sasquatch-looking feet was equally as entertaining.

"How long are you in detention for?" Felix asked.

"Just a week."

"I'm in for four weeks now, haha." Felix dabbed.

"I hate you," Hyunjin said, putting his hood back on and drawing the strings tightly enough that it closed over his face. Felix pouted for all of one second before realizing that he had an opportunity here...He smacked Hyunjin right in the face because he'd never see it coming. Felix gloated as the other boy flinched and flailed.

"Au! Mein Kopf!" Hyunjin spluttered, emerging from his hood.

"What?"

"Oh, I'm taking German classes online right now. That just kinda slipped out, sorry. Es tut mir leid."

"I think I actually hate you."

"Well, you're the one in detention for four weeks because of rats, so that doesn't really mean all that much to me." Hyunjin smiled. Felix lunged at him to strangle him, but Sanha and Minhyuk held him back.

"Will you stop it?" Kihyun snapped, looking up from his emergency back up phone. "I'm trying to livestream!"

Felix took a deep calming breath, Sanha and Minhyuk coaching him through this difficult life moment. He held their hands and screwed his eyes shut, trying to clear his head. Or rather, his Kopf, according to Hyunjin. He infinitely preferred Rat Hyunjin over the real Hyunjin. The thought almost made him tear up, but he opened his eyes to see Hyunjin trying to shove a pencil up his nose, and irritation replaced his sadness.

"What are you doing, rotten cabbage?"

Hyunjin yanked the pencil out of his nose and slammed it onto the desk. "You know what—"

"Fight, fight, fight," Sanha began to chant. Hyunjin pointed the pencil viciously at the beanpole, making him sputter out in pure fear.

"God, I just want to go home!" The teacher mumbled, near tears.

"I'd offer him some bottled happiness," Felix whispered, "but for some reason, I don't think it would work."

"No it would work," Hyunjin replied. "It would work because he'd be ecstatic at the chance to get you expelled."

"I think that's kind of unfair. I mean, I literally don't even know who this guy is."

"He's a cryptid," Kihyun whisper shouted. "I have proof."

"You can shove your proof up your—"

"Okay stinkies! Detention's over, thank God and my grandmother's lace doily!"

"Is—Is he okay?"

"I don't think so."

"Oh, same."

I SWEAR I DONT HATE KIHYUN, HES ACTUALLY MY BIAS BUT HES ALSO ACTUALLY LIKE THE EASIEST PERSON TO PICK ON IDK Y
also, i am using humor to cover up the fact that this doesnt have a plot👀 bc the last time a fic of mine didnt have a plot, i deleted it (lmaooo rip shutter, true changki stans will remember) but DONT WORRY!!!!! happiness isnt going anywhere :,) i love her too much
can we speak about the 9th season 2?? seungmin is such a cutie i cried when he said "thanks for the meal" to the bus driver