Chapter One: The Arrival, the Discovery, and the Plan

"The execution of this so called Legion of the Black, and their leader the Prophet, will commence tomorrow."

Those words rang through Asher's head as she paced. Her, and a small group of the Wild Ones, were at camp.

There had been a massacre. Somehow, the camp got discovered. It was the middle of night, and Asher and a group of Wild Ones had been out in search for food. The Legion was captured, 28 Wild Ones were murdered, a few of the older ones had been taken with the Legion, and some were left for dead, injured with no hope.

Asher could still remember the sound of her heartbeat in her ears as she stumbled to her hut, only to find Andy missing. He certainly put up a fight, they all had, but according to the Wild Ones who survived the attack, the Wild Ones were outnumbered 2-1, and for every Legion member there were 5 soldiers.

She had gathered up the Wild Ones who had gone with her on the hunt and those who had managed to survive with little injury to help the wounded and find all the dead.

The radio cut out, the connection already poor. She glared at the machine and debated smashing it to bits.

They needed a way to get everyone safely home. She looked down at her old tattoo, still as black and bold as ever, glaring at her with the truth that she was truly not cut out for the job of a leader of a rebellion. They needed those boys back.

She sat on the cot she shared with Andy and sighed tiredly. She hadn't slept since the day she came back and found her home was snatched from her. "Andy..." She whispered looking at the ceiling. "I'm coming for you." A single tear slipped down her cheek, which she quickly wiped away.

She got up, searching for her oldest Wild Ones. 13, that's all she had at her disposal. She devised a plan with them to break everyone out.

****

The control centre was relatively easy to break into. There wasn't a lot of people who knew of its whereabouts or that it even existed, so FEAR was never concerned with guarding it too heavily.

She turned on a screen and let out a breath. It was new technology, one they had been discussing before she left, and was implemented after she was gone. Especially after she was gone. It was a form of mind control used mostly on soldiers and some of the masses, and it wasn't something she was familiar with. But she was good at figuring out her fathers systems.

She began to type, her eyes flitting up to the monitor with the news station.

Andy's face appeared on screen, and she knew she was running out of time.