chapter eight.

|..yoongi..|

Jimin smiled at him happily as Yoongi pulled up in front of Jeonguk's house, but Jeonguk gave him a disappointed frown as he shook his head from the doorway.

They drove away under the blue skies, Jimin leaning out the window, not noticing the cold. Yoongi rolled up his window, and Jimin jumped back as the window rolled up and hit his chin.

"Feeling better?" Yoongi said, eyes focused ahead of him. "I saw you go into the cemetery."

The smile on Jimin's face faded and went cold, as if the weather had become an entity and shoved itself up the boy's ass. The thought made Yoongi kick himself mentally, as one image led to another and suddenly Yoongi couldn't focus on the road in front of him.

"Not a good topic? You don't have to tell me about it. Do you want to just watch movies with me today? Get your mind off things?" Yoongi said, desperately trying to change the topic, and Yoongi swore he heard Jimin reply with a silent yes. Even though it was probably his imagination, his pulse quickened. 

"So, can you talk? Can you just say yes or no? For me? Right now?"

Jimin gave him a sheepish smile and shook his head, as if to say, "Sorry, it doesn't work like that." Yoongi nodded, looking back at the road, grip on the wheel tightening as he turned on his street, and parked in front of his apartment.

"Alright, get your ass up and let's have a movie marathon."

No movie was complete without food, Jimin seemed to imply, as he dug through Yoongi's pantry. He looked past the popcorn and went straight for a box of pocky Yoongi didn't even know he had.

The pair cuddled against the couch when a message went off.

jeonguk: im warning you, if you hurt him..

Yoongi held down the off button until the screen went black. Trying to act as normal as ever, shifted away from Jimin, leaning forward to choose a movie instead. The action wasn't unnoticed by the smaller boy.

They ended up settling with watching The Emperor's New Groove, which was something distracting enough, and it even got a few chuckles out of Yoongi. Looking over, Jimin was laughing prettily, always raising his hand to push his bangs back. He looked so perfect, and Yoongi saw why he couldn't touch him.

Jimin was a beautiful ember, warm and gentle. Yoongi was the storm that would put out his light. Just like he did Hoseok, who was once the sun and more. Now he became a candle in its last stages, wick barely above the wax, just wanting to see his boyfriend. 

"Can you give me a bit, I need to go to the bathroom," Yoongi said, standing up and rushing out of the room. Jimin paused the movie and heard gentle sobs, and then the loud running of water. Jimin wondered what had made his friend cry, but on the inside, he knew it was him.

Any trace of tears was gone when Yoongi returned to the couch, eyes only slightly puffy.

"Alright, you can play the movie."

Jimin shook his head, and stood up, returning later with a pen and a piece of paper that read, why are you crying, hyung?

Yoongi scoffed. "No, I wasn't crying. I was washing something out of my eyes."

Liar. Why can't you just tell me the truth?

The dark-haired boy sighed, falling back against the seat. "Listen, it's not a big deal, okay? I'm just falling for someone I know I shouldn't and it's driving me insane."

Their shared silence was even quieter than usual, so quiet that their heartbeats were drums being struck at different tempos. 

Hoseok?

"Yeah. Hoseok," Yoongi said.

Which was, of course, a lie, because it was only ever Jimin.

I hope you find what you're looking for, hyung, the boy replied, and Yoongi's heart clenched, wishing that he could tell the boy that everything he was looking for was already sitting beside him.

"Thanks," he said dryly.

_____

The last thing Yoongi should've down was kiss Jimin goodbye, even if it was just on the cheek. But he did, and it was while all of his senses screamed at him. Yoongi was getting soft, and he didn't know how to feel.

He was getting soft for a boy who never spoke, a boy who apparently took daily trips with his yellow roses to cemeteries, a boy who loved sweets and cuddling with Yoongi. It was all wrong. The boy was practically a mental case, but Yoongi wanted him.

"Bye, Jiminie," he said, smiling, but the second he was out of sight, Yoongi slammed the doors, cursing himself. "Fuck," he said, repeating the word until it sounded alien in his mouth.

His days could not go by any slower, it seemed.

Even after a long shower, the pink-headed boy remained in his mind, superglued behind his eyelids. He needed a fix. 

Dialing the number was easy enough, now he just needed to make a good excuse.

"Hoseok? Yeah, it's me, Yoongi. Can I come over tonight?" 

----

this is actual documentation for when everything turned shitty

im sorry this chapter was so short, i didn't publish today so i crammed! also, i woke at 3:01 to write this for y'all. it's 3:46 now, feel spoiled i probably won't do it again i feel like death

my legs are actually dead but your fingers aren't, so guess what?? u should vote 🤩🤩

-nii