chapter nine.

|..jeonguk..|

Jeonguk lowered his phone, and dropped his head into his hands. It had been a long day, and he wasn't sure how to respond to the phone call he had just received. 

"You were wrong, Jeongukkie! Yoongi does want me, I know it. He just called to ask if he could come over tonight. Why would he if he didn't want me? You're just jealous because everyone else is taken."

Jung Hoseok might have been many things, but smart wasn't one of them.

The flowers that sat on his desk were wilted, petals crumbling onto his desk, but he didn't seem to notice it. What was more important was the knock at his door.

"Jeonguk?" the door cracked open, allowing in golden light from the hallway. "Can I come in?"

Pale and slender, Kim Taehyung crept into the room, soft smile on his face. "You okay, gukkie?"

Jeonguk rose to his feet, reaching forward to touch the boy before him, but he raised his hand. 

"We've been through this before," Taehyung said with a sigh, and Jeonguk dropped his hand.

"Right. No touching. You hate touching."

The boy walked past Jeonguk, and stopped in front of his desk, picking up one of the wilted roses. "You still have my roses?" 

"Never threw them away."

Nodding, Taehyung sat down on Jeonguk's bed. "There's something wrong. Are you okay? You seem a bit off today."

"I'm always off every time you come, maybe it's your fault," Jeonguk bit, even though he didn't mean it. "You're always so quiet. How'd you get it?"

"You have a habit of leaving your door unlocked, Jeonguk," he said. "Your mom is looking better, how is she?"

Jeonguk sat down beside the boy, shoulders brushing. "She's okay."

"And how are you?"

"Shitty."

Taehyung smiled, and Jeonguk's heart fluttered. "Care to explain why it's so shitty?"

Jeonguk sighed, placing his hand onto Taehyung's thigh. When he didn't complain, Jeonguk proceeded. "My best friend's heart is being played with, but he keeps going back to his tormenter. There's this boy, Yoongi, and he has a sort-of boyfriend that he keeps using when he's bored. And now that he's met Jimin, he's been playing with his heart, and I know Jimin's going to fall for him, because he never gets that type of affection and he's going to think oh, this is it, I've found the one. Even though Min Yoongi can't be his one, because Jimin deserves better."

"Then you know what you have to do."

"No, I don't."

"I thought you said Yoongi is going to Hoseok's tonight," Taehyung said. "Why don't you use that to your advantage?"

The younger paused and looked over, but Taehyung was already at the door. 

"Wait," Jeonguk said, leaping up. "You have to tell Jimin eventually, you know that, right?"

Taehyung offered Jeonguk a sad smile. "You know I can't," he said, and he was gone.

Jeonguk didn't know why.

----

very short chapter that's gonna kickstart chapter ten! we're actually almost at the end already? and then i have ideas for another book, stay tuned ;*

also, welcome taehyung, jeonguk's secret friend that no one fucking knows about because plot

man this book has so many plotholes

keke do you love me bc if you do,, you know what to do (vote uglies, vote) 🤩🤩🤩

-niiiiiiii