chapter ten.

|..jimin..|

There was a knock on the door, quick and rhythmic, and Jimin recognized it immediately. He greeted Jeonguk at the door, who was shivering in the winter evening's chill.

"J-Jimin? Can you come with me to Hoseok's? I need to pick something up." 

About seven minutes later, the pair were on the road, in Jeonguk's mom's car. Jeonguk had borrowed it since he still didn't have a car, even at nineteen. Jimin fiddled with the hem of his sweater, staring out at the darkness outside his window, dotted with blurred lights.

Hoseok had a small apartment, and it looked so clean from the outside, little potted plants lining the porch. 

"Hey, can you go look through the window to see if he's in there?" Jeonguk asked, pointing at the window with lights peeking through the blinds. "I would but I don't want to leave the car running and risk someone stealing my mom's car."

Jimin nodded and stepped out of the car, a chill blowing across his face. He crossed the small patch of dead grass, and leaned into the window, raising his hand to tap it. That was before he saw what was inside.

It was a normal room, but that wasn't the main attraction. There was a boy with faded red hair sitting on his bed, leaned into someone else's face, kissing them messily. 

Upon closer examination, Jimin recognized the other boy. The black hair was a clue, but it was the black sweater that gave it away. The sweater that Jimin had borrowed.

Yoongi.

Jimin stumbled back, face turning red, and he saw the red-haired boy lift his face, glancing over at the window. He didn't stay to see what happened next, as he ran back to Jeonguk's car, heart at the bottom of his stomach.

"Jimin, are you okay?"

He nodded just to nod, but he wanted to throw up. 

"Was Hoseok there? He has red hair?"

Jimin nodded again, but his mind was sick, and he didn't feel well. Seeing Yoongi kiss someone was hurting him, and he wasn't sure why. 

"It's alright, I'll just drive you home. I'll pick it up tomorrow." 

The moment Jimin arrived at his house, he flew up the stairs, ignoring his mother's concerned cries. The boy tore into his room and grabbed the nearest pen, flipping open his notepad.

I trusted Yoongi. I was starting to like him too, but now I'm not sure anymore. Seeing him kiss Hoseok is hurting me. I don't think I can face him.

If you ever see this, Yoongi, like you said only you could, I'm sorry. I can't face you after seeing you kiss another boy. I don't like you like that but I'll admit I'm jealous. 

Yeah, I know, it's not your fault and I can't expect things of you. He's your boyfriend, and I'm a nothing to you, so I can't really expect you to NOT kiss him. But it still doesn't stop me from feeling so jealous. Yes, I'm jealous, but..

I wish it was me.

_____

Two days pass. By the time a whole week had flown by under their noses, it was almost Christmas. The seven days that had passed were filled with Jimin locking himself in his room, ranting into the notepad Yoongi had given him, until he had nothing left to say about the boy. 

On the seventh day, there was a knock at the front door, and Jimin's mother answered it.

"Hello? Can I help you?"