May: /05/

Dearest Diary,

My dream came true! I no longer have to go to school!

But.... that was because it was to difficult for me to arrive at school.

The route I take to school is always full of bullets and guns. The school has shut down due to the risks someone bad may come in and do something terrible to us.

Food has been harder to get as well. I no longer have vendors on my street selling fresh produce or bread. Instead we have to venture out deep into the city for food.

I've gone to the market with mama, but we had a lot of trouble getting there.

We always heard bullets ringing off in the distance. We were so scared of getting hit by one. The market was always a buzzling place for me, but this time it was eerily quiet.

Few vendors, few customers, and fewer food.

We hurriedly decide to purchase the food and start heading back home on our 2 person bike.

As we headed towards our street, we were stopped by these soldiers screaming at us.They screamed to us about we being apart of the protests even though we weren't.

They made my mama and I empty our pockets and had to give cash to them to pass through.

"These soldiers are hungry for money" mama says.

Hopefully none of the bombings or shootings happen on my street.

Signed with a hope for luck,

Haitham (Signature inserted!)

p.s. We had delicious kubbeh for dinner! Mmmm