3. Love - should it be quoted with promises?

"Will you be my girlfriend".

Yes! He proposed Diva.

It was a practical class. Nobody was there.
Empty classroom with a tik tok sound of watch hanging on the wall was breaking it's silence.

Ishaan, stood infront of the blackboard knowing that Diva will return for her labcoat, which she had forgot to take with herself.

And as she entered, he just asked, calmly and patiently.

"Will you be my girlfriend".

Diva,was shocked.

Waves of words have just glued her lips. Her heart was beating so loudly that even Ishaan would be able to hear it.
Standing stunned, she didn't even moved her eyelids.
Ishaan came near to her,
A little more closer.. held her chin up trying to look into her eyes.

He'd known Diva since now that he'd even tell what's going inside her by just looking into her eyes.

After all, Diva was so serene that her eyes can even talk.

"Say something!"

"We have practical." She said with a grin.

And left the class.
But Ishaan had got her answer.

Being an infamous bad boy of the class, what actually he wanted from Diva. Did he actually wanted her to love him or was just playing with her?

Even Diva knew it well. She had seen him talking, sitting and playing with other girls.
He was not a one women man.

But making girls fall for him by his smirky flirtatious behavior was his kind of fun.
No, don't get me wrong!
Only flirting without lust.

Lectures got over.
Diva packed her things and began to left.
That suddenly,
He pulled her..
Close, very close to her with his strong masculine arms around her.

Blank minded, Diva was not able to ask him to leave but tried her best to leave.

"Ok , ok, fine. I'll leave you but just tell me one thing" he said by holding her by waist with one hand and another on the bench.

"What?" Trying not to look at him, she answered calmly.

"You didn't liked me ever since the first day?"

"Umm..... She was about to say something that all of a sudden he started playing with her hairs with his another hand, pulling her more closer to him.

"You are making me, uncomfortable".

"Is it"

She nodded in yes.

After few seconds of silence which was continuously interfered by clock's voice, she said.

"I like you, but ..."

"But, what?"

"You can't be just mine".

"Am all yours. Who said this to you?". He said convincingly.

"You are always with other girls, even you flirt with everyone, you sit with them, you make them laugh and every girl likes you.. then why you proposed me? I am not at all your types. I will not be able to loose you in any way.." with a drop off tear and full of hopes in her eyes she just said.

Not her heart out but something.

"They all are my friends, I love them as my friends. I make them laugh just as friends.
And losing.. haha!
M not going anywhere that you'll loose me.. "
He said putting her forehead striking to hers and hands still on her waist holding firmly.

Again struggling to loosen up herself from his arms, she failed.

He smiled at her cuteness and put down his arms to let her go.

Diva strolling down the aisle towards her home, tried her best to find why he did so. She had fallen for him since first day she had seen him, love at first sight!
But ishaan, he wasn't the same, he just wanted her with no feelings and no promises.

Days passed.

Their midnight talks remained the same.
Ishaan taking about every other girl in the college, fun he had at the sports ground, fights with with other guys of other department etc. etc., almost sharing with her everything and Diva talking about her progress in studies.

Yet no one knows their relationship in the whole class.
Ishaan didn't mentioned ever and Diva didn't spoke to anyone.

But she wanted and expected more from him.
She wanted him to do a promise.

Yeah! Only a single promise that he'll never leave her alone.

And one day, she just randomly asked to him on the same midnight call.

"Ishu, will you do me a promise?"
Voice full of happiness, shyness and hopes.

"What promise?"
He asked casually.

"That you'll never leave me alone."
She said with hesitation.

"Obvio, is this a thing to promise!"
He said without even noticing her feelings.

She smiled silently and put down the call asking him to meet in the class.

For him it was a simple promise without any big deal, probably it meant nothing.
But for her, this promise was like a magic wand given to her by a fairy godmother which she is supposed to hold on forever.

~~~~

Please vote and comment.