Chapter 2. Head Over Heels

A few days have passed and it's finally a day-off of practice. They were slowly but surely, piece by piece putting the performance together. Next week was Kaycee's birthday, but they decided to celebrate early. They were in the Rice's lake house and all of Kaycee's close friends were invited. Tati, Tahani, Charlize, Will, Bailey, Sean and a few others. But no one has arrived yet except Tati and Tahani.

The door bell rang.

"I'll get it!" Kaycee ran and opened the door only to see a few of her friends, Charlize, Will and Bailey

"Oh... hey" Kaycee smiled standing on her tippy toes trying to spot a specific person.

"Happy birthday!!" They greeted her. She didn't hear it at first clearly so she just smiled but she was still looking for someone.

"Can we come in?" Will asked awkwardly

"Thank you!! Uhhh... yeah, what? Of course! sure!" She fumbled on the words. Woah Kaycee, english. She thought to herself

She let them in as she eyed them one by one sesrching for that specific human.

He's supposed to be here. She thought to herself.

Once they got inside, they started to head to the living room as Kaycee started to follow them.

"Waiting for someone?" Tahani asked mischieviously

"What? No! seriously T?" She laughed nervously as she walked beside her

"I'm just kidding" Tahani giggled, Kaycee sounded so nervous "We both know you're not THAT type of girl to fall head over heels for some guy."

"Right..." she just murmured so only Tahani could hear, but in all honesty she didn't understand any of it.

A few minutes passed and it was already gettting dim. The gang was busy playing monopoly but Kaycee was acting fidgety for some reason, kept checking her phone, looking around.

Shamu😂💃

Running a bit late lol.

I can tell😂 wru??

Flat tire + traffic😧i'm lost atm

U should have gone with us instead😂 lol

Im regretting that now. I'll text u when i'm near or something

Sure, drive safe ok?

Sure thang, wouldn't miss ur birthday for the world :)

I know💙😂👽

Kaycee smiled reading their exchange of text messages

"Who you talking to?" Tati leaned over

"Nothing, just Sean" she replied casually, still staring at her phone

"Why? what he said to make you all laugh and giggly?" Charlize asked

"Oh, I wasn't laughing at him... just a meme of me dancing." She lied, everyone knows she's bad at lying.

"What meme?" Bailey tried her

"This one.." Kaycee replied showing a tweet of her iconic dance dubbed with another song. The others laughed as they saw the video with the weird song.