Chapter 5

"Hm.." you say, thinking of what to say.

He's now sitting on the stairs next to you with just enough room to fit another person in between. It's comfortable. Finally a question pops up in your head, and you might as well just ask it because things are getting awkward with the amount of silence between you too. It's almost like the people in the Dining Hall are being quieter than usual— which is really not making things any less awkward for you.

He's looking straight ahead at the architecture of the castle (so suddenly interesting) and so are you— it couldn't get much worse than this, so you go for it.

"Draco, why are you here?"

"Why am I here?" He starts, turning to face you. "Dunno, I fancied a break from the dinner and wanted to sit on the stairs, that's all."
He said it so effortlessly, so confidently with nothing in between the lines to read. It was annoying, because the two of you were polar opposites. It was silent for a moment. You nodded and then he nodded. You began to get up.

"Where are you going (Y/N)?" Why did he ask so many questions? And why did you stress so much over answering them..

"I'm taking my luggage back up to my dorm since I won't be leaving for home now. What about you?"

He liked the conversation, as boring as it was it was still a conversation with words... and mouths moving... and his mouth moving. And it reminded you of when you both kissed.

Suddenly you forgot about how you felt nervous around him— all you felt was warmth inside when he'd look at you. But he'd been talking and talking, answering your question and you'd just blocked it all out because of the strange lustful feeling that came over you.

"Wh-what?" He stopped when you said this, and then he realized you were never listening in the first place.

"Oh, I was just saying how uh....y'know what never mind that it's not important."

What was he saying?

"No, Draco— what was it? I'm sorry I got a little... distracted." The feeling was coming back.

"Distracted?" He raised a pale blond eyebrow and continued. "Distracted about what (Y/N)?"

This was it.. it was coming out and there was no stopping it. It was like when you wanted to speak, a million words wanted to come out but none did, and when you didn't want to speak they just poured out. They poured out and echoed all over the lower level of the castle and it felt so good to get them out.