Chapter Ten ~ So many questions, not enough answers

So Many Questions, Not Enough Answers

Masky's P.O.V:

Hoodie's been different these past two days... He's locked himself in our room. Which, of course, means he's locked me out. The sofa isn't exactly made for sleeping on... But hey, i could be on that giant oak tree in the middle of a storm. I lumbered out of the thin blanket id been given, walking upstairs i stopped at our door. I hesitated, hearing no noise from inside. Did i do something wrong? Is he mad at me? Should i walk away and drop it? I mean, he said he was ill. So he's probably asleep, right? I turned around and began to retrace my steps, climbing back under the covers i yawned and rested my eyes.

                      ~*~

Hearing a loud noise from above, i jolted awake and sped up the worn boards, not waiting to open the door. Hoodie was asleep, the glass of water i'd given him smashed on the floor. I breathed a sigh of relief and sat on the corner of the bed. He seemed to toss and turn, letting out small whimpers and strangled breaths. Should i wake him up?

"Hoodie?" I put a hand on his shoulder, he flinched away from me, tears streaming down his face. He let out a pained moan and turned again.

"Hoods! Hoodie!" I said a little louder, this time shaking his shoulder, "Hoods!!!" His eyes shot open and he swung out, hitting me in the chest.

"Ugh!" I grunted, gently grabbing his wrists, "Hoods! Wake up! It's just a dream..." He sat up, his forehead covered in sweat, lifting his fingers to his face he wiggled them as if checking if they were broken.

"M-masky?" He asked in a surprised tone, i nodded and cocked my head, "Did you have a nightmare?" He nodded, wiping the water from his cheeks.

"Does this mean i'm not locked out my room anymore?" I joked, "I haven't had a shower in..."

Hoodie stared at me.

"... I-i'm going out for a bit..."

Hoodie's P.O.V:

I quickly chucked on a random tshirt and walked to e.j and Toby's room, knocking gently before entering. Jack was sat on his bed in a pair of loose shorts that must of been his pyjamas, he was reading a book while humming to his self every so often.

"H-hey, Jack... Can i... Talk to you?" I stuttered, he nodded before putting his book on the shelf,

"Whats up?"

"I... Can tell you anything... Right?" I mumbled, my bare feet becoming the most interesting thing in the world. He nodded, signaling me to continue.

"I... Feel... Different."

He looked at me in a confused fashion, i spoke up again, "I don't know what it is though."

He let out a small 'Oh?' And let me speak,

"Ever since Masky-" Jack flinched at the name, "A-are you ok?"

"Uhhh... Yeah... Continue"

"Ok... Ever since he yelled two days ago i've felt... Angry. I just can't look at him and i don't know why..."

Jack put a hand on his chin, as if he were thinking,

"Angry? What type? Hatred?"

"I-I don't know!" I admitted, sadly. I wanted to know.

"Perhaps it's not anger at all... It could be depression"

I felt my shoulders slump.

"Jack... I... Saw him just now... My chest hurts."

He 'hmmph'd and crossed his arms, "Maybe... You like him"

I froze, my face erupting into a cherry blush,

"W-What?" That couldn't be true! We've been friends for longer than i could remember! I couldn't possibly like him... Could i?

"..." I went to speak but no words came out. "That can't be it." I mumbled before walking out.

"I'm not gay"