Prologue

The Boy Who Fell Off a Lawn Mower

gymnast17

Teen Fiction, Romance, and Humor

Prologue

As I stepped out of the ivory shower and wrapped a brand-new towel around myself, I glanced about the bathroom, trying not to slip. It was bizarre having everything be so clean in this room - everything in this whole house was clean. Everything had a place here. It's not that I hated it; it was just unfamiliar from what I knew, yet this world seemed so normal now. I almost wished something different would happen... to break this viscous pattern of normal.

I shifted my stare to the window in my usual morning daze and noticed a light speck in the normally desolate meadow of a lawn, drawing me a few steps closer, clenching my towel.

Scrunching my eyebrows as I walked, I realized it was a man! I stopped moving for a second, but through the initial shock, I remembered my father had hired someone to mow the lawn.

Except I assumed it would be a young boy, not well... a man.

It's not that he was beautiful or particularly charming. He had sort of a mystique to him. He was getting the lawn mower from the worn backyard shed and seemed to have some problems starting it, but persevered. I took another subconscious step towards the window, entranced for no known reason.

He plopped himself on the mower and started doing what he was hired for. The man headed up and down our overgrown yard that the neighbors had stared at a lot recently, making my family feel rather sheepish. He went to make a corner and glanced up when we suddenly locked eyes.

I was staring.

Yikes! I jumped back and unfortunately dropped my towel in the scuffle of realizing I was zoned out on the mystery man and moving away from the window. 

Suddenly, a blaring clatter came from outside. I fixed the flimsy towel and then gripped the windowsill from down below, praying he didn't see me naked, but also praying that clatter wasn't someone falling off a lawn mower. Very slowly, I raised my eyes above the sill. 

Turns out, none of my prayers were answered.

---

A/N: Back from my most recent hiatus! I have this entire story plotted and outlined, so expect regular updates throughout the summer. I hope to enter this lighthearted/fun romance into the Watty's '18 so if you like it (or don't) please comment/vote! Thanks for reading and giving it a chance! :D xx

Image at the top is the original cover. Current cover created by shizunj 

Dedicated to the first comment on this story (ever!!) FlamesOfFire 

Enjoy!! xx       -Nickie