5. You. Have. A. Girlfriend.

Chapter 5

You. Have. A. Girlfriend.

"Hello, hello!" shrieked Tiffany as she simultaneously knocked on the door. Aida's conversation earlier with Levi had abruptly ended when her father had come back outside, holding another tool box. Aida had excused herself inside to get ready for the party she'd somehow found herself invited to.

"Aida!" she called loudly. Tiffany's ears were met with the loud clatter of footsteps down two sets of stairs. Aida appeared at the grand wooden door with her hair and makeup complete, but only wearing a towel, and swung it open heavily.

"I don't know what to wear," she gushed as Tiffany walked right in. She was early and carrying a large bag. The moment washed over Aida as she realized a few things and looked at her friend in confusion. "Where's Diane? And how did you know where I lived? I was going to text you the address but..."

Tiffany interrupted. "The party is at Diane's, silly! Where is your room?" Aida pointed up and they walked towards it briskly. "And everyone knows where the Diver house is."

Aida shrugged and they walked all the way up to her room. "Didn't you say you have a sister? Couldn't she give you something to wear?"

As they entered, Aida suddenly realized she had left some stuff out on her desk that she didn't want others seeing and moved quickly to stand in front of it. Luckily, Tiffany was rummaging through her bag and Aida was able to shove the papers onto the chair, hidden by the top of the desk. She didn't need others knowing about her nerdy habit, especially Tiffany; she seemed too cool for it.

"Uhm, she's not really the fashionable, party type." Aida didn't know how to describe her sister. Her name was Danielle but was known to everyone as Dani. Dani was in college and taking vigorous online classes at the moment and therefore always in her room.

"So she's like... a nerd?" asked Tiffany, pulling some makeup palettes and hair brushes out of her bag, clearly looking for something.

Aida considered that statement and couldn't find a reason to deny it, so she agreed by nodding. It was a fact. She also knew she'd thought correctly by hiding her own nerdy work under her desk. "What are you looking for?"

Tiffany ignored the question, but instead countered it with her own. "Do you have ripped jeans? Dark wash. High wasted."

Aida walked to her dresser and dug for Tiffany's request. "I brought you a top. Your face and hair are always on point, but your outfits look like you went to school in New England... no offense."

"None taken," said Aida honestly, finally pulling out the general type of jeans Tiffany had requested. She knew her fashion taste wasn't very special – it usually consisted of the basics, like T-shirts and capris or tank tops and shorts, depending on the weather. She looked put together, but not fancy.

Tiffany threw the black shirt at Aida. It had little straps at the top, a criss-cross across the chest, and would cut off around her belly button. It was a bit far from her comfort zone, but Tiffany's eyes looked so eager to see it on her that she felt compelled to wear it.

She threw the outfit on, with a temporary sweater over it, and grabbed her packed bag from her room, then kissed her father on the cheek as she walked by his office, after briefly introducing him to Tiffany. She didn't bother trying to say goodbye to Dani, knowing she'd be too concentrated on her work to listen. With that, the girls drove off to Diane's, the feelings of excitement on both their minds, but a slight nervousness trailing in the back of Aida's. She'd felt electric ever since her encounter with Levi.