Choking Waters

The wind blew sharply as the ground rumbled. Dark luscious trees zipped by in our wake. Little waves weaved in and out from the metal motor. Grabbing on to the railing, I settled into the plastic boat seat. The cushion cover crinkled where there was a tear. The edge of the plastic cover grazed my thigh with each bounce of the boat. After crossing the muddy lake, father stopped the boat. A yelp sounded from my right just as a piece of fabric slapped into my face.

Oh no.

The over shirt from my mom hit the railing, almost diving head first into the water. Bounding over to it, I caught the flabby piece of fabric. A wet substance puddled around my toes as they raked across the ground. In a sense of panic, my hand reached to grab the railing while my long smooth hair wrapped around my arms. Before I knew it, my body flipped over the railing, landed on the other side then flew off.

Today was not a good day.

The water sloshed around me as the boat motor buzzed in my ear. Kicking my feet, I tried to move only to feel my hair being tugged. With great horror, I turned. Brown honeysuckle highlighted hair curved and wrapped around the ruters. Then, it started to grab for more. I gasped, releasing most of the air trapped inside my lungs.

No no no no no.

Whimpering, I slammed my hand on the edge of the boat, using all my strength to stay away. Tears mixed in with the salt water as my throat begged for air. It clenched and gagged, begging, no crying for relief. Crack! My hand whipped the boat above the water. Crack! Suddenly, the pressure from hair released. The top of my head throbbed from the agonizing torture. Yanking my head, I tugged my hair. Only it didn't release. A scream bubbled up my throat.

Please please please! Let go! Let go!

The screams and shouts never left my mind. No one would ever hear my voice again. Black little orbs appeared to float around the water. Then, a large black hole covered the motor. Something tugged my hair. A pair of scissors smiled the fragile strands as everything went black.