6/ Lunch

Friday Afternoon

The day I was set to meet my Aunt Victoria started peacefully. I woke up at 7:30, showered, and got dressed, all before the girls woke up.

Around 8:15, Maddie walked sleepily into the bathroom as I was starting my makeup. She tugged on my shirt.

"Mommy, can I have breakfast?"

"One second honey," I said, putting on the last of my moisturizer.

Olivia came in as well and I got them both some cereal. As I was finishing my makeup and hair for the day, Oliver woke up and dressed the girls.

"Hi beautiful," Ollie said, kissing my cheek.

I pulled back. "Oh," I laughed. He was standing with his braces and crutches. He smiled.

"How was physical therapy last night?" I asked him. "Sorry I didn't see you. As soon as the girls fell asleep I was out."

"It was good," he said. "The therapist was really nice. He actually said that with the movement I've been able to gain back he thinks I might be able to walk normally again."

"That's amazing!" I said, hugging him. "How often does he want you to come in?"

"He said if I want to eventually walk normally I would need to be coming in 4 times a week."

"That's great!"  I said. "I think you should do it."

"Really? I don't want to be gone even more."

"It'll be worth it," I said.

"Ok. I'll let him know. Oh yeah, when are you meeting your aunt?"

"11:30," I said as I cleaned everything up.

"Ok. You'll have a great time."

"Yeah, I'm excited."

"Can we go somewhere today Mommy?" Maddie asked as I left the bathroom.

"Sure. Do you guys want to go to a new park?"

They both nodded.

It was nice having the whole family together. Oliver didn't start work for a few days, so we were able to explore the city and get to know our area.

After the park, it was time for me to go to lunch, so Ollie dropped me off at the restaurant and drove the girls home. I walked in and saw Victoria sitting at a small table on the side. She looked up and recognized me right away.

"Allie! So nice to finally meet you!" she said, hugging me.

"You too!" I said, smiling.

We sat down and I started looking at the menu. We also had some small talk for a few minutes.

"So, when did you move to Bloomington?" I asked.

"4 years ago," she said. "Before that I was in Chicago for 15 years."

"I'm so glad to finally meet in person," I said.

"I know. I always wanted to meet you but of course your mom and I didn't exactly get along."

"Yeah, she kind of told me about that. She never really went into detail though. What did happen between you two?" I asked.

"Well, I was actually dating your dad in high school . We were both seniors and your mom was a sophomore at the time. Your dad cheated on me with her and well, they made you."

"Are you serious? I had no idea," I said, completely shocked.

"Yeah, it wasn't great. Your mom and I had a huge fight and pretty much stopped talking completely. She moved in with your dad and when you were born, she refused to let me see you. I wish we had made up before she passed away."