8/ Home

The next two weeks continued like normal. I loved spending all day with the girls, even though it was exhausting. Ollie and I bought a few things for the baby and kept trying to think of a name. Nothing seemed quite right.

One night around 8:30, Oliver got a call from his mom. He went into our room to talk to her as I got the girls dressed for bed in their room. Olivia was bursting with energy. Her wispy, tangled blonde hair flew around as she ran in circles, giggling.

Finally she calmed down and I was able to help her put on a pink and yellow nightgown that matched Maddie's. I helped them brush their teeth and tucked them in. When I finally left their room, Oliver was still on the phone. I sat down in the living room and he came out.

He sat down next to me on the couch and I noticed his eyes were filling with tears.

"What's wrong?" I asked, putting my hands on his.

He wiped his face.

"My parents are getting a divorce."

I was shocked. I had no idea what to say.

"Oh, honey, I'm so sorry. Did your mom call you?"

He nodded.

"She said they've had a lot of big fights the last few months that they didn't tell us about."

I nodded. "What's happening now?"

"My mom is moving out in a couple days."

"Oh no, I wish I was there to help her."

"Yeah, me too," he said, sniffling.

"Do you think she would want my help?" I asked. "I could fly out there."

"I'm sure she would love it but you don't have to go all the way out there-"

"I'm going to call her," I said before he could finish.

I called Anne and talked to her for a few minutes as I cleaned up the kitchen.

"When are you moving?" I asked.

"Saturday."

"I could come out for the weekend and help you if you want."

"Oh honey, that's so nice of you to say but that would be expensive and I don't want you to have to deal with flying and everything."

"I don't mind," I said. "I'd love to come out anyways."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, of course."

"What about the girls?"

"Uh, maybe I could bring one of them so neither Ollie or I are too overwhelmed. If you don't mind."

"Oh, of course not. I miss them so much."

We continued to talk for a few more minutes. When said goodbye I went back to sit with Ollie. He had his head back and looked upset still.

I cuddled up next to him and he looked down at me, smiling.

"Are you okay with me going to Montana this weekend?" I asked.