[1] party

the two had been best friends since they were four. throughout their 16 years of friendship, hinata had never seen kageyama as anything more than just a friend. a bro. a homie. and that was it.

except now; kageyama was sprawled on daichi's couch with a cup of vodka in hand that was dangerously close to spilling. his lip was caught in between his between his teeth, with a half-smile on his face. his shirt had ridden up a couple of inches exposing his nicely toned abs.

the sight made hinata's stomach do backflips and feel things he probably shouldn't be feeling about his best friend. he was questioning whether or not he should make a break for the bathroom before he threw up on daichi's carpet.

but it's not hinata's fault that kageyama was so good looking. it's not hinata's fault for staring at kageyama's lips as he took another sip of his drink. it's kageyama's fault for wearing a too thin t-shirt and black ripped skinny jeans to his birthday party. it's his fault that he dare looked so good that hinata wanted to cry.

"kageyama tobio! just because you turned 20 doesn't mean you can go around flashing your abs to everyone!" sugawara said teasingly while pulling down kageyama's shirt so that it covered his stomach. kageyama grinned up at him. hinata tried to push down the queasy feeling in his stomach again.

"sorry suga," kageyama said sitting up still smiling widely, "i wanted to show tanaka up."

"like hell you could!" tanaka said loudly waking up from his sleep on the carpet. then he fell back asleep.

"how did he even-... nevermind," suga said sighing.

"look at him being all disrespectful now that he's of age," tsukishima complained from the armchair with yamaguchi was sitting on his lap. "we should've left him at daycare instead of throwing him this party."

"excuse you, but i'm not a baby! i'm legally an adult now," kageyama said getting up from the couch and stretched with his arms in the air. hinata looked away to prevent his already faint blush from becoming any worse. kageyama was defiantly not a baby.

hinata questioned, not for the first time of the night, how drunk he really was. though he was thankful that the party had dwindled down to only their close-knit group of friends. even if daichi was going to make them on cleanup duty later.

"hinata!" kageyama said bounding towards him. "you're not my senior anymore!"

hinata pretended to look offended even though his heart was beating quickly due to the fact that kageyama was so close to him. why was he acting like this? he used to never think of kageyama like this.

"yeah well only for six months," hinata said slightly pouting. "wait until june and your freedom is over."

"yeah but now i'm 20! i can legally drink, go clubbing-"

"and have sex?" tsukishima interrupted from the chair. yamaguchi hit him lightly and hinata started choked.

he was faintly aware of kageyama patting him slightly on the back trying to help. he wasn't.

"tsukishima!" kageyama yelled in protest.

"you good hinata?" nishanoya asked walking into the room. he plopped down next to a sleeping tanaka and was trying to get him to wake up.

hinata decides that he better think quickly or else it's only going to cause tsukishima to tease him more. sex was perfectly normal for guys their age. hormones and stuff. but the thought of kageyama doing something with anyone other than...

hinata pushed that thought to the back on his head.

"yeah i'm fine." he glared at tsukishima halfheartedly. "what a weird thing to say tsukishima. is that what you thought when yamaguchi came of age?" hinata said smirking.

tsukishima's ears turned pink and sputtered out incoherent words while yamaguchi giggled.

"nice one hinata," kageyama laughed.

"anyway, me and kageyama used to shower together when we were little, don't make things weird by saying things like that," hinata sputtered.

"right, that's totally the reason why," it wasn't tsukishima who teased him this time but sugawara.

kageyama smiled, "you guys are so weird. where's daichi?"

with perfect timing as always, daichi walked in through the front door with asahi and ennoshita all carrying various cleaning supplies.

"cleaning time!" daichi said. cue collective groans.

everyone got assigned different jobs to do, except for kageyama who was arguing with daichi on whether the birthday boy had to help clean.

suga slid up to where hinata was standing, "don't think i didn't notice you staring at him all night," suga said, the smirk evident in his voice.

hinata ignored him and started cleaning.

▪️

so i looked up the legal ages for stuff and japan just recently changed their laws. so technically you can't drink until you're 20, but the age for consent to sex is kinda weird so i just made it 20 as well oops.

also this is going to be a short story. i was originally gonna make it just one super long chapter but eh.

~peachy