[3] hickeys

hinata woke up with a pounding headache and the bitter taste of regret.

he turned to his side and there was kageyama. he was sleeping peacefully and had his mouth parted slightly. hinata felt his heart skip a beat.

it's not the first time hinata had woken up in bed next to kageyama, but definitely the first time doing so while he was completely naked. carefully, hinata got up and winced as he did so as he was sore and had a major hangover.

he looked into the mirror that kageyama had hanging on his wall. the first thing his eyes were drawn to were the bunches of purple and blue colored hickeys that littered his neck and other various spots. he touched one on his neck and quickly pulled his hand away due to the shooting feeling of pain that came.

he stared at his reflection a little bit more before rummaging into kageyama's closet. he pulled out a white turtleneck that stopped right above his knees that would hopefully cover up all the hickeys. he didn't want kageyama seeing them and realize what had happened.

hinata couldn't believe he had just lost his virginity to his best friend.

he went into the kitchen and did his day like normal. he took a painkiller and made blueberry pancakes. he wondered if the universe was pitying him for what happened because he didn't burn the pancakes like he normally did.

he poured half a bottle of maple syrup on his portion. he knew that if kageyama was awake he would scold him for putting so much syrup on his portion and health and such, but hinata couldn't care less.

he hoped that kageyama wouldn't remember anything, but hinata wasn't sure how much kageyama had to drink.

about half and hour later, kageyama walked out of his bedroom with a sweatshirt and sweatpants on with a look on his face akin to pain.

hinata handed him a glass of water and painkiller.

"thanks," kageyama mumbled. "oh, you made pancakes. and they're blueberry!? i love you!" kageyama said shoving the pancakes into his mouth. "also why did you put the last 20 year's worth of maple syrup production on your pancakes? you're going to die before you hit 30."

hinata lets out a sigh of relief.

-

later that evening the two packed for their flights home and said goodbye to each other for the holidays.

hinata was kind of glad he wasn't going to see kageyama for the next three days. he needed to collect his thoughts and have a mini existential crisis. it wasn't until he got to his parent's house that he realized he still had on kageyama's shirt. so much for trying to clear his thoughts of the other.