[5] closet

hinata didn't tell kageyama about what happened. in fact, he just continued to ignore him and didn't talk to kageyama at all.

for days hinata would try and gather the courage to tell kageyama about what happened, but everytime the raven haired male would walk into the room hinata's first instinct is to flee. so he does.

it's like this for two weeks: hinata would leave before kageyama could wake up or wait for kageyama to leave. then he made sure that he's either home way after kageyama , or got home first and go lock himself in his room.

hinata practiced his spiel about what he would tell kageyama in the mirror about how that night probably meant a lot more to hinata than it did kageyama, but he could never find the courage to do so.

suga made hinata meet up with him and daichi a few times so hinata could update the situation he was in with them, but it was never anything new. it would consist of hinata mumbling that he hadn't told kageyama yet, daichi giving him sympathetic looks, and suga whining at him. but besides that they let him be.

he was thankful to daichi because he was pretty sure he was the reason suga hadn't told kageyama himself.

he just wasn't ready to tell kageyama.

-

he wasn't ready now either.

"you assholes! let us out!" hinata shouted.

curse suga, tsukishima, and hell, even yamaguchi has a part to play in the whole scheme. curse that freckled ray of sunshine.

they told hinata and kageyama to come over and hang out at yamaguchi's and tsukishima's place. however, what they didn't tell the two was that they were planning something. when they got there the two got shoved into yamaguchi's closet and were locked in. who even makes a door so that only the outside has a lock?

kageyama stared blankly at hinata from the other side of the closet, but in reality they were only about a foot away from each other as they were tucked in with all the clothes and other various things yamaguchi had shoved into his closet.

"i don't even know what they're thinking," hinata blurted out, "there's no necessary reason to do this. it's not like we had somewhere to be or anything," hinata mumbled sarcastically. "we live together! there was no need to shove us in this tight and stuffy closet! if we wanted to talk to each other we coul-"

"but we haven't talked in a while though," kageyama interrupted flatly.

hinata's inner talkative self dies. he had hoped he could just rant his way out of the situation.

"ah. right."

another beat of silence.

"are you mad at me?" kageyama asked looking directly into hinata's eyes.

hinata quickly looked away.
"no! that's not it! i just... kageyama do you remember anything about the night of your birthday party at daichi's house?"

kageyama furrowed his brows in confusion. hinata found it adorable.

"uh no? i just remember drinking a lot and then nothing."

"so you don't remember what happened after we got back to our apartment?"

kageyama shakes his head. hinata mentally prepared himself—he's going to do it.

"well, we had sex."

whoop there it is.

kageyama's jaw dropped and he stared at hinata. hinata hides his face in his hands and he's fairly sure he could be considered a form of thermal heat from how hot his cheeks were.