II

"she'll be fine, man. she's rosalia fucking bazzi. the most badass little kid i've ever met."

andrew rolled his eyes, "yeah but i'm still nervous for her."

"there's no reason to be. i mean, you don't have to worry about a kid bullying her because i already covered that with her— just punch them in the throat."

"you did not tell her that, jesus nate, now i'm going to get a phone call saying my daughter beat someone up and i'm going to have to miss work and get in trouble because they think she's being raised by a pack of wolves." the man rambled into the phone.

"nah, i'm not stupid. i told her only important situations. see, i'm not completely useless in this whole helping you raise rosalia, right? tell me i'm right."

andrew rolled his eyes once again, "whatever, i gotta go. i'll see you when i get home, alright?"

"i'll see you two when you get home. bye, drew." nate ended the call.

andrew let out a sigh, running his hands over his face. he was extremely nervous for rosalia's first day of school even if he knew he had no reason to be. she was a strong kid and he knew she'd be fine, maybe it was his fatherly instincts kicking in and feeling the need to protect her from the real world.

the man was about to exit his car when his phone started ringing. he answered it quickly once noticing it was the schools number.

"hello?"

"hi, mr. baz- or andrew. i'm sorry to disturb you but we need you back at the school."

andrew felt his heart start to race, "what happened? is rosalia okay?"

"oh yes, she's fine. i don't know about the kid she punched but she's fine." he heard adeline let out a breathe. "it's school policy to call and get you to come in for a meeting. in between us, she had a good reason in hitting the kid so don't be too rough on her."

"okay— i'll be there shortly."

when andrew walked into the office of the principal, the first thing he saw was rosalia sitting with her arms crossed and a scowl on her face.

"rosalia."

the little girl knew her father had walked into the room, she was just refusing to talk to him. she was mad at him.

"hi, andrew. the principal should be in here soon. i tried to get him not to take it this far but it's a policy and it would just cause more issues with the other child's parents."

andrews eyes went from his daughter to the woman in the room. her arms were crossed over her chest— she was slightly biting on her bottom lip.

"it's okay. she shouldn't of hit another kid, she needs to know the consequences." he was talking to adeline but his words were directed at the child.

"can i speak to you in the hallway?"

andrew nodded, following behind the brunette. adeline was the first to speak when they closed the door to the office.

"it was a little boy that she punched. he was saying things to her and it's partly my fault because another child had told me but i didn't pay it any mind because i was dealing with something else. i told you i'd keep my eye on her but i failed that promise and i tried to keep her from getting in trouble for it but it's policy as mr. smith kept saying."

andrew shook his head "it's fine, i promise. even if she had a good reason to hit him, she needs to know that every choice she makes has consequences. i don't blame you. thanks for trying to keep the promise to watch over her."