VII

"drew, be careful." allison warned her boyfriend.

  andrew hummed, not giving the girl any attention for his eyes were on the baby that the nurse had just put into his arms. he was in shock, the thought of this baby being a part of him and a part of the girl he loved.

the boy watched the baby sleep in his arms, his heart falling in love the longer he held her. andrew sat down in the chair beside the hospital bed, feeling everyone in the room eyes on him and his child. "hello, princess." he whispered, "you're so beautiful."

  andrew had never felt more happiness in his entire life. being able to hold her in his arms finally making him not wanna let her go ever again. the boy diverted his eyes from the baby to his girlfriend who was in a conversation with a nurse and then around the room to see everyone else's attention somewhere else so he looked down at his baby, feeling tears brim his eyes slightly. "rosalia marie bazzi, i love you so much. i just hope you grow up knowing you're loved and special and extraordinary. you have your mom and you have me and you have my frien— your uncles. i love you and i just know you're going to amazing things when you get older. i'll be here every step of the way, princess."

"daddy! get up! we have to get to school! i have to give miss. kuwonu this picture! come on!" rosalia squealed, jumping into the mans bed.

andrew groaned when her small body jumped onto his torso. "rose, what time is it?"

"5" she replied nonchalant, shrugging her shoulders.

andrew let out another groan, feeling his frustration grow slightly. "rosalia, you don't have to be at school until 8. what are you even doing up already? the suns not even up yet."

rosalia started pouting, looking down at the picture she had drawn for her teacher. andrew rubbed his eye, watching the child study the paper. andrew felt bad for slightly snapping at her when he saw the disappointment on her face.

"what'd you draw for her?" he asked softly.

rosalia looked at her father, her eyes lighting up. andrew scooted over on the bed, nodding towards the spot next to him. the child got the message, moving from on top of his chest to laying next to him. rosalia laid her head on the mans chest, his arm around her.

"okay, so she told me about her brothers— caleb and elom— so i drew them for her. she said she doesn't really get to see elom because he lives with her mom, but caleb— i mean, zion—" rosalia looked up at her father. "she says he thinks it's cooler to go by zion, but she still calls him caleb. anyway, caleb lives with her and so does his best friend, justin. is that his name? i don't remember."

andrew grinned at his daughters rambling. rosalia liked to talk, the child getting it from her mother. the mans favorite thing was listening to her tell him stories and talking about things that she liked— seeing the look of happiness spread over her face enough to keep him happy as well.

"the picture is of miss. kuwonu with caleb and elom. do you like it? i tried to draw sunflowers next to her, but it didn't really work out. someone stole the crayon i needed." rosalia sighed, moving the picture closer to andrews face.

"i think it's beautiful," andrew smiled. "but do you know what's more beautiful than that?

rosalia furrowed her eyebrows, sitting up to look at her father. her tangled hair was going wild— the messy curls in her face. "what, daddy?"

"you are, princess." andrew sat up as well, moving to pick the child up. the two walked out of his bedroom, making their way into the kitchen. "pancakes or waffles?"