XII

unknown
i understand why
you're ignoring me.
unknown
i'm a shitty person
and i was a shitty
mother and girlfriend.
unknown
but that doesn't change
the fact that i loved you
both... that i still do
love you both..

  andrew rolled his eyes while reading over the text. he knew from the first text he received that it was allison, he just decided to ignore them. the only question in his head was, why now? after all these months, now is when she decides to contact him. the man shook his head, locking his phone and pushing it into his pocket.

  "good morning, daddy!" rosalia yelled throughout the house, running into the kitchen where andrew stood.

  andrew grinned at his daughter, picking her up. "good morning, princess."

  "no pancakes?" the child pouted.

  "i was thinking we could go out for breakfast this morning since it's saturday and we're both free today, yeah?"

  "you come up with the best ideas, daddy." rosalia left a kiss on his cheek before jumping out his arms, going back to her room to get ready for the day.

  "no 'i love you'?" the man yelled after her.

  he heard rosalia's footsteps, the child coming back into view by the door frame of the room. "i love you."

  andrew grinned. "i love you too."

  "can i get chocolate chip pancakes, daddy? please?"

  andrews gaze moved from the menu to his daughter who was seated across from him. "only because you said please."

  "daddy?" she covered her mouth with her hand, a series of giggles coming from her. "miss kuwonu is here! can we go say hello? please?"

  andrew looked over at the front of the breakfast joint, indeed seeing adeline along with two young boys beside her. her hair was pinned back, her brown eyes shining brightly when the sunlight hit them.

  "daddy?" rosalia said, trying to get her father's attention. "can we?"

  "uh— yeah, but only for a minute. we don't want to bother her, okay?"

  rosalia nodded, standing up and waiting for andrew to get up as well. the two walked over to where adeline was standing, andrew feeling his heart race slightly at the bright smile that grew on her face when she saw him and rosalia.

  "rosalia! hey, angel."

  rosalia hugged adelines waist, not taking notice to the two teenage boys standing behind her with curious eyes. adeline felt andrews gaze on her causing her to look at him, the two sending each other genuine smiles.

  "hello, adeline." andrew said, pushing his hands into his pockets.

  "good morning, andrew."

  rosalia stepped back from adeline, seeing the two boys behind her.

  "oh, this is my brother, caleb and his best friend, brandon. caleb, brandon— this is andrew and rosalia. rosalia is one of my students."

  "zion, actually." zion stepped forward, putting his hand out towards andrew.

  adeline rolled her eyes at her brothers words, watching the two shake hands. andrew sent the two boys a nod, feeling rosalia grab his hand and hide slightly behind him.

  zion grinned at the shy child. "the drawings you made for my sister are really good, you've got talent."

  rosalia pushed her face into andrews leg, trying to hide away from the boy. andrew looked down at his daughter, letting out a soft laugh at her nervous actions. the child was never shy— always the entertainment wherever he took her so seeing her acting so nervous in front of someone was new.