Chapter 29: Second Kiss

"Don't kiss me during fireworks.

Kiss me after and give everyone else something to look at once the chaos had passed.

Don't kiss me when you don't know what else to say, kiss me when that's all that needs to be said.

Don't kiss me at all the right times, kiss me mid-sentence because my lips were moving and you were jealous of the air because they weren't moving on yours.

Don't read up on old fairytales, i don't want a fairytale. I want real and in the moment.

So kiss me when your up in flames and about to burst.

Kiss me when the tears are real.

Just kiss me hard and kiss me good."

Fabian made his way back into the house with a scowl on his face. For more than one reason.

1) Malakai thought it to be appropriate to comment in the car "your girl is hot as hell for a highschool girl."

That one comment almost ended both their lives in one second because it caused Fabian to swerve and almost collide with a truck. Malakai was now sporting a new tattoo of a fist on his arm.

 2) The boy who was holding Jaimie-mae in his arms was apparently one of Flora's boy toys and he was part of the gang that sent that car after Fabian that night.

So now he had to worry about Flora getting the gang to come after him.

And 3) His dad's car was now in the drive way.

He ran up the stairs, taking two at a time and he went into his room and closed the door behind him.

He almost choked at what he saw.

Jaimie-mae was standing in the bathroom connected to his room with the door half-way open. She had his shirt on, but it was slipping down one side of her shoulder. She had no pants on and she was busy checking a bruise forming on her hip, completely unaware of Fabian's wandering eyes. Her hair was damp and curly from the shower she had just finished taking and a few drops landed on her face and neck, trailing down to the shirt.

"Shit, she's beautiful," he whispered to himself.

He walked further into his room and cleared his throat.

Jaimie-mae screamed and just about jumped three feet in the air.
She quickly closed the door and Fabian laughed loudly at her embarresment.

He could hear mumbling from behind the door and he shook his head in amusement.

Seven minutes later she walked out with a frown as she held up the pants he gave her in one hand.

"Fabian, they just fall around my ankles. Do you have anything smaller?" She asked, avoiding eye contact.

"Maybe. Let me check."

Fabian tried to ignore how pretty she looked. He tried to ignore the twinkle in her blue eyes. He tried to ignore her calm smile. He tried to ignore how happy she made him. But he couldn't.

He also tried hard to ignore the flutters of his heart. They were middleschool feelings, he told himself. He tried to ignore the little shivers he'd get when she'd brush his skin with her delicate fingers. He tried to ignore her sweet personality. Or how brave she was. How strong she was. He tried to ignore her fighting spirit, all so that he wouldn't fall any further.