Chapter 60: Looking Back

Take me back, to then

___

It was the fourth week of college and both Jaimie-mae and Fabian had early classes.

Jaimie-mae had gotten up first to go to the bathroom and was met with the sight of a roach.

"Fabian! There's a roach in here! Can you get me a shoe or something?" She shouted without taking her eyes of the roach. The last thing she needed was for it to dissapear.

The sound of a groan came back from Fabians room and then he shuffled in a few seconds later with two pairs of flip flops.

"Where?" He asked through a yawn.

"Right there, in the corner," she said pointing to the corner on the ceiling.

"Okay, i'll get it." He tiptoed up and smacked the shoe over it. It dropped to the ground and at first it was completely still. All of a sudden, it perked up and scurried away.

"Sh~t, we've got a runner!" Fabian shouted as he threw the flip flops after it one by one.

It ran past Jaimie-mae's feet and she screamed before picking up one of the shoes and throwing it full speed at the roach.

It jumped and rocketed into the air which had the both of them panicking to kill it before it dissapeared.

"Its flying! Quick get a broom," Fabian said as he picked up his steel toed Tims and swatted them at the airborn roach.

Jaimie-mae sprinted into the kitchen and grabbed the broom before coming in and batting the roach out of the air.

Fabian quickly came behind her and hit it with his Tims. He lifted the heavy boot and looked at it for a second to make sure it was dead. It didn't move so he turned to go clean off his boots.

"Okay. Problem solved. I'm awake n-"

"Fabian! Its running again," Jaimie-mae shouted as she ran after it into the living room. "What the heck, it won't die."

Fabian chased closely behind her as it weaved between chairs and couches. He followed it with his eyes before throwing his Tim and pinning it to the ground with a sickening crunch.

Fabian lifted the boot and hit it six times just to make sure it was actually dead.

"R.I.P," Jaimie-mae said once they were sure every nerve was smacked.

The both of them burst out into a fit of laughter that had them weak in the knees and falling to the ground.

"In the arms of the angels," Fabian sang through his laughs.

Jaimie-mae was laughing to the point where she thought she would pee her pants so she begged him to stop joking about it.

Finally the both of them got off the floor and swept up the roach. "Come on. We have to get ready for class."

***

Fabian sat down with his and Jaimie-mae's new group of friends at the bakery on the corner of their college.

"Hey guys," Fabian said before leaning over and pecking Jaimie-mae's lips.

"Hey!"

"Fabian, for real bro. Can you stop sending pictures to the group chat of Jaimie-mae," Toby, a boy with dirty blond hair and green eyes asked. He was in school for engineering.

Jaimie-mae looked at Fabian with a raised eyebrow.

He shrugged. "What? You looked pretty."

She laughed quietly and looked over at Toby. "Can you show me the picture he sent, please?"