"She Needs Me"

Marley Lasha' Burnett.

After I got off the phone with him, I just sat on the bed thinking more and more. Why did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this? I thought he was the one for me but I guess I was so wrong. Can't judge a book by its cover, I needed to learn more about him before I could judge him. It was too soon.

The door to the bathroom was open and I could see the tub. I slowly get off the bed. I stand up and my legs begin to shake. Carefully taking my steps towards the bathroom, using my arms to cover up my naked, bruised body. Once I'm in the bathroom I turn the water on to fill up the tub. Looking at myself in the mirror, I look terrible. Mascara running down my face; puffy, red eyes; bottom lip swollen with blood dripping from it; a black eye slowly coming in. I stop looking at myself in the mirror and turn the bath water off and begin to stare at the water. Putting one foot at a time in the water slowly, I take a deep breath and sit in the water. Titling my head back, putting it in the water.

Having suicidal thoughts on my mind right now. Am I worth this life anymore? I'm worthless. I don't deserve any of this, my life is not how I imagined it. Then I think about my family, friends, and Kendrick. They wouldn't want me to be dead and gone. I quickly take my head from under the water. Coughing rapidly and choking on the water in my throat.

Eyes wide open. I pull the stopper out of the water and let the water drain out. I step out of the tub and wrap a towel around me.

5 years later.

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth.

Still thinking back to that night five years ago. Can't believe someone could ever do that to her, she was so innocent and such a good girl. After that night she changed forever, she was never the same. We barely talked to each other after that night and we ended up losing contact two months later. I tried many times to get in contact with her but she never returned my calls or even answered them and she didn't bother to text me back. I wonder if I did something to make her not want to talk to me. I guess I'll never know.

How's my career? Well its been great. I no longer go by K.Dot, I go by my real name now Kendrick Lamar. I do a lot of traveling and recording. Always busy and there is never a dull moment. I need to start getting back to the studio and start recording some more. Got to finish this mix tape before the end of this year. All I do is concerts, events, and record. It's a lot of work but I love it, it's what I once dreamed that I would be doing.

The whole Black Hippy Crew is in the studio. The group consist of Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock, Ab-Soul, and me, Kendrick Lamar. All of us are from South Central, LA. We met when we all got signed to Top Dawg Entertainment. Over these couple of years we all have grown very close. They are like my brothers from different mothers. I love them Dawg! No gay stuff though. It's my turn to go in the studio and spit something. The inspiration for this song is Marley, after thinking about her this morning I couldn't get her out my head and decided to write a song about her. I step in the booth and put the headphones on. Here goes nothing.

"One time, reporting live, Compton, California.

She go to work, she go to school, her body smooth, no tattoos

Type of girl that'll make your mother feel comfortable

My pops love her too, she's compatible, she's independent

She handle her business, she believe in God and no other religions

She's never in competition, when it comes to her friends, she's dependable

She set her own trends, a confidant, a mediator, so sweet, every flavor

Just a conversation with her doing you a favor, look at her hips, I want to be her pager