"Let Me Be Me"

Kendrick Lamar Duckworth.

Back in LA which means back to work. I enjoyed being in Atlanta with Marley. We had a good time and did some fantastic activities. That trip was much needed. My mind finally got a chance to relax. I'm a thinker so I'm always thinking about something. But at least I didn't have to worry about working for a few days. 

I look down at my phone and I don't have any messages or notifications. We have been back in town for a few days and I haven't heard from Marley since yesterday. That is pretty unusual because she usually texts me everyday. I brush that off. I have to get ready for this press conference/ meet and greet.

After brushing my teeth, I put on some sweats and head out the door. I have to meet my stylish at the place the press conference/ meet and greet will be held at. She will help me on what to wear. I am very capable of picking out my own outfits but my manager insisted that I have a stylist style me today. I just hope that she didn't try to make me wear anything too flashy or over the top.

Once we arrive at the place, I have to run up the stairs so I could get dressed. I was running a few minutes behind schedule. My stylish, Jayla, had several outfits picked out. "K.Dot you are finally here!" She directed towards the clothes layed out on the table. "Now I laid out few outfits for you to choose from." I examined the outfits as I rubbed my chin. I have a habit of rubbing my chin, its the way I think. Nodding my head in approval and choosing the simplest outfit.

The outfit consisted of blue jeans with a small rip in them, a jean shirt, white chuck, and a floral print snap back. Something simple and laid back just like my personality. I stepped into the room to show Jayla my outfit. "You look very handsome Kendrick." She approached me and fixed the buttons on my shirt. She ran her hands down my chest when she finished fixing my buttons. I was caught off by this gesture and grabbed her wrists before she reached below my waist. I don't know what she was trying to do but I wasn't going to let it happen. There was a moment of awkward silence. "Umm. I have a beaded bracelet that will look perfect with this outfit." She said as she walked over to a table full of jewelry.

The thought of Jayla possibly having feelings for me was running through my mind but I wasn't so sure I wanted to test that. I have always been about not mixing business with pleasure but Jayla was a pretty girl. I let those thoughts escape my mind as she placed the bracelet on my wrist. "Thanks." I said as I gave her a side hug and left out the room. I was already a few minutes late and I didn't want to be any later than I already was. Once I arrived in the room, it was full of reporters.

By this time around, I was used to camera always flashing in my face. So the bright flashes going off in the room didn't really bother me. I took a sit at my designated seat. On my right was my manager Dave and on my left was my homie Ali. Behind us was my bodyguard. I adjusted the mic in front of me and prepared myself for the million and one questions they were going to ask me. "Okay let's begin. We have Kendrick Lamar here with us today and he will answering some questions that we and public would like some answers to." The announcer spoke and reporters all had their notepads out ready.

"Okay. So reporter number one, what is your question?" The reporter stood up and flipped through his notepad. "Kendrick Lamar, you were spotted with a women by the name of Marley Burnett-Copper, the wife of Benjamin Copper the actor." I felt disgusted by hearing the reporter saying that her last name was Copper. He didn't deserve her at all, I deserved her, I could treat her so much better than he could. But, I just nodded my head in agreement. "What is your relation to her? Are you two have an affair?" "No, we are not having an affair. That is just my bestfriend, we have known each other since diaper days." I simply said. "Thank you." The reporter sat down.

"Reporter number two?" "Right here sir. So Kendrick Lamar why is it so important for you try and be different from the typical rapper?" They always ask me this question and they get the same response. "Well one because I am not your typical rapper. Two because I am me, I won't fall into the typical industry rapper category. Three being different is better than being like everyone else, I rap how I want to rap. I'm not a follower, I'm a leader." The reporter nodded and took a seat.